NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Sirius Radio

Kameron

:thumbs:

Woo Hoo!

My wife got me Sirius radio and an A/C condensor for my vette for my wedding anniversary present. No more commercials and finally get my A/C fixed.

:burnout:

Woo Hoo!

My wife got me Sirius radio and an A/C condensor for my vette for my wedding anniversary present. No more commercials and finally get my A/C fixed.

:burnout:

OK, so you got sirius radio for your anniversary - but did she PREPAY for the service - or do you get to pay for it yourself? :P

and about the AC condensor - are you going back to R-12 or moving on to Freeze-12 or perhaps R-134A?

Well. I called up Corvette Central and the part is out of stock, of course. They said they will be shipping it out on the 13th and so I am guessing I will see it around the 20th. Should be nice and toasty then.

I am going 134A. I just converted the blazer we have and that had to be the easiest thing to do. Took about 20 minutes and now it is blowing nice and cold.

The Sirius... She signed me up for the month to month plan. :yesnod:

knkayotte

I've been thinking about the XM setup. I'm not loyal to any brand though, need to tell us how Sirius unit works out.

Keith

I will keep ya posted. So far I love it. I really think there are more and more commercials on the radio and so not having them has been wonderful.

Only thing to keep in mind, is if you drive through a large overpass or a tunnel, the signal is broken.

I thought about XM too, but the Kenwood stereo I bought came with the receiver.

Not sure about XM, but Sirius also lets you listen online to most of the stations.

Desertdawg

You should have asked for a radar detector, for those fast trips to Gila Bend. :smilelol:

You should have asked for a radar detector, for those fast trips to Gila Bend.

My truck is XM compatible. Once I get the overdrive installed in that and start to use it for longer work trips I will look at getting the antenna and subscription. I prefer XM as they cover all the NASCAR races live.

What your wife didn't tell you was the A/C wasn't an anniversary present. She just doesn't want you using that 2/94 air (2 windows open at 94mph) anymore. :lol: :lol:

I have XM and love it! I haven't listened to commercial radio since I got it. :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest XLR8TNC5

hmmm, I need to look into that XM or Sirius radio I think. My car only has a "cassetts" player. yes, the Vette only has a cassettes player. You weren't hearing things. I did notice that the S-10 I have now has a cd player that looks exactly like the same brand and everything as the Corvette. Do you guys think it would be an easy swap to the Vette?

That would be nice.

But I too am so sick of the commercials on regular radio. I just want to listen to music and when I do listen to the radio, it is the same damn songs all the time. I think XM or Sirius is a great invention.

Tanya

• 9 months later...