NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Anyone else running a procharger?

NoWorries

Running a P1SC Prochager. Found a simple change that has nice results. Got rid of the tiny vacuum line running from the brake booster to the bov/bpv. Used a bigger line directly from the source at the throttle where the pcv is. Then reduced down to connection size at the bov/bpv. The result is very nice. More responsive, pulls harder, even just light exceleration has more torque (very noticable by seat of pants, haven't tried dyno yet). I believe the small line being so long was causing a poor single to the bov/bpv possibly causing a leak in boost. Found recommendations of it on the big boards, so I figured would give it a try since it is very very easy.

Teh 1EvilC5 has one, but he's to busy playinf smokey and the bandit to drive it anymore!

Guest Mikey

Talk to the guys at Loud Pedal Motorsports. They installed a ProCharger on my '07. We had to install a Gatorback belt and a Super Damper harmonic balancer pulley to handle the additional torque. Watch your water temps during the summer, may need some Water Wetter etc. (More horses mean more heat).

Talk to the guys at Loud Pedal Motorsports. They installed a ProCharger on my '07. We had to install a Gatorback belt and a Super Damper harmonic balancer pulley to handle the additional torque. Watch your water temps during the summer, may need some Water Wetter etc. (More horses mean more heat).

They were the ones that installed it. Haven't had belt or cooling issues due to the procharger. I had the crank pinned and super damper done prior to the install. Am running 6lbs currently with 430rwhp dyno, probably more like 450rwhp now.

After driving it for a few days now, wish I had made the hose change sooner. Love the difference in bottom end. I need to take it to the track to do a full throttle pull. The nose definetly lifts easier with less throttle used also.