NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Barn Find

Dave64

Extender32

What a shame and he probably will never part with the car because of its sentimental value.

oldmxdog61u

Is that the vette over in deep rainbow valley everyone yaks about? Ha. Now that's funny.

Final Effort

I don't understand how someone just park a car like that out in the open. I've seen two Midyear cars have the frame rust out in the area below the doors. At least he could have put it in one of his many outbuildings. He didn't mention the headers and Hurst Comp+ w/T-handle. And $400 for brakes sounds high for back then.

sad, if they wanted to restore it someday they wouldnt leave it out there like that. He is not going to period

Azmotorhead

The earth cant reclaim it. Fiberglass is not a naturally occuring substance. Hence why its still on this side of the dirt>Mother earth is rejecting it :-)

oldmxdog61u

Hey, its not a twinkie.... it will be reclaimed eventually by the environment. I have seen a fibreglass boat parked in the oregon coastal woods that is dissappearing under a coat of moss and plants growing in, on and around it. The motor is all but a skeleton of rust already. The fibreglass is caving in as it is eaten up by the microbes and whatnot. As much as I would hope the various cars and bikes I have passed on would survive, I doubt it. We are all headed for the same. Enjoy it now.

The earth cant reclaim it. Fiberglass is not a naturally occuring substance. Hence why its still on this side of the dirt>Mother earth is rejecting it :-)

True,I should have said everything but the fibreglass.Still sad none the less...

Once found a '67 GTX in similar shape .. red w/red interior, 4 gear, 440, dana rear (I looked) .. all original, ..sittin in his front yard, rusted thru the tops of the fenders, roof pinholed and solid rust, trunk and hood just wasted .. ..he was keeping it for his son .. ya .. right. There was already nothin left of the car to restore ..all that was left viable was the drivetrain. I *hate* seein a great car go from sheer neglect.. -Frank aka GE

Yup, me too. I have watched an old model T pickup and an 50's black limo, make unknown, under a barn like structure off Brown and Gilbert for about 40 years so far...I always wanted that Model T for a roadster

oldmxdog61u

There is my friends 67 charger in my barn. A barn find in oklahahoma. All the period mopar goodies, hooker headers, mags, etc. Runs good too. She is asking me to sell it for her. I was thinkin drive it to a local show with a sign? It isn't a resto, it is original patina unmolested. Looks like a hot rod time capsule from the 60's. I was thinking to take it to yoder for detailing out then to a few shows. Any suggestions?

There is my friends 67 charger in my barn. A barn find in oklahahoma. All the period mopar goodies, hooker headers, mags, etc. Runs good too. She is asking me to sell it for her. I was thinkin drive it to a local show with a sign? It isn't a resto, it is original patina unmolested. Looks like a hot rod time capsule from the 60's. I was thinking to take it to yoder for detailing out then to a few shows. Any suggestions?

PICS! I had a secret love affair with the 69 and it wasn't because of Bo and Luke Duke

Not a barn find in my mind. No one forgot about it, when it reminds you it's there every day...