NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

75 vert a/c up grade and dash work

Bromley's Corvettes

Bromley's Corvettes

Up graded the a/c with new comp and did away with the VIR and new custom hoses and had the evep tested and cleaned and installed a better blower motor. I use C-4 blowers in C-3s they spin faster so move more air. One of the weak links on the a/c on C-3s is they don't blow very hard lol. Maybe new tag line in the making lol. Stock its like they are only on med when its on high. With up graded blower it really feels likes its on high like most any other car. Not a direct bolt in it takes a few mods but worth it. Also the customer wanted all new gauges even no the temp was the only one not working right. He also bought a new radio and we got the dash open and found the left side dash with the tach and speedo was Billy Bobbed together. It had a bunch of wood glue and wood screws holding it together lol. So had to find a new left dash it took a few weeks the first one was wrong color. Posted Image The new battery gauge he got from Ecklers was no good so we had to get another one. The good news is the a/c works better then any C-3 I have ever seen. It blows hard and gets super cold.Posted Image

Really nice looking hot rod !!! His engine bay is top notch !!!

Always wondered what kind of upgrade to the fan system could be done ..... I'm certain it will make a Big difference !!! and hats off on the dash work .... certainly not my favorite thing !!! Good job man !!! Posted Image

finallyavette

nice - going to have to try that - i heard changing the squirrel cage fan to something modern helps too

Bromley's Corvettes

The blower motor up grade is well worth the mods it takes. Huge improvement. The dash on these cars is a huge pain to work on you have to take everything apart to work on any part of it. I will be happy when its all back together. Posted Image

Bromley's Corvettes

Thanks got the dash back together today and the car all detailed ready for Mack when he comes back from Alaska. Kinda feels like Alaska in his vette now lol.

Very nice! I'm looking forward to getting AC installed in ours (at some point). Do you happen to know what size tires he's running on that? Thanks for posting these up. Adam