NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Radar Detector?

mmacfn

Probable Cause

My issued radar gun is a Kustom HR-12. It is a very popular unit with most law enforcement. When I am driving it is in mobile mode. I will pick up the speed of oncoming traffic. When I am stopped and running radar, I use the hold option until I have the target vehicle in sight. No signal is sent from the unit until I take it of hold, so when a radar detector alerts it's too late, I've locked it in. I am all for people using radar detectors... Whatever it takes for people to slow down. There are places for hauling ass, and places you should drive with much more care... I'm also all for people flashing their lights to warn other drivers that in running radar.... If it slows them down, fantastic! I write tickets to correct bad and unsafe driving behavior. I write more warnings than tickets.... Again, time and place for everything. That being said,I honestly don't think it matters what radar detector someone uses... They all give false signals, none will get past a radar gun that is on hold and they do serve a purpose... Making the owner aware they are being watched and hopefully will slow them down.

Probable Cause

Oh yeah... And if you look in your mirror and see me behind you, it's probably (A) in checking out your car (if it's a Vette) or (B) you are in my damn way. Most people think they suddenly have to go under the speed limit when I'm behind them. So annoying :-P

Oh yeah... And if you look in your mirror and see me behind you, it's probably (A) in checking out your car (if it's a Vette) or (B) you are in my damn way. Most people think they suddenly have to go under the speed limit when I'm behind them. So annoying :-P

Heh heh, I see you guys all the time behind a slow car and think that does have to suck...everywhere you go too... :banghead

Your one of the good guys.

I've been pulled over twice lately, once by a cop that was harassing (chasing) me on the road (got out of several tickets after scolding him for not identifying himself), and again by one who lied about my speed. The only other times I've been pulled over were in sudden speed limit changes (construction or other). The officers were very understanding and gave me warnings. My wife and I were driving and got pulled over and accused of speeding when, he said his radar was on in drive mode, but we had our radar detector on, we pointed out that we did not detect it and he let us go but not after being a dick about it..

No doubt!!!

I pass cops all the time on the freeway. Usually stuck behind some dip going to slow. Pull them over for obstructing traffic.