NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Stereo Installer?

mmacfn

Hey all So recently i bought a kenwood DX 9900. Got all the parts needed to replace the vette Nav head unit. So i get the dash off easily and start to look and realize i am absolutely out of my depth. Ive installed may stereos in the past but with the on star, nav, sirius, built in vette mic etc there is a little more than im used to. Anyone do this on the forum who wants to make an extra couple bucks or any suggestions where to go to get it done? Thanks all

I've seen Chad with the dash completely apart on his, send him a PM (ChadC), he could probably walk you through it on the phone

CrownRoyal

I went around town looking for a good shop and found only 1 so far that had lots of experience with Corvettes. I have a appointment tomorrow at Sound Xpressions. I talked to Mike, he was very helpful. They showed me some of the work they did and how professional they are. I also thought their prices were reasonable. Higher quality work for the same price as other shops. Please don't go to Audio Express. I had a bad feeling after talking to them. http://www.soundxpression.com/ Sound Xpression 240 E. Coury Ave. Suite 131 Mesa, AZ 85210 480-558-7031

Hey I had the whole dash off today. That part isnt so bad, its dealing with the on star, mic, sirius, etc etc... Fark i have no idea where to start... stereo install shouldnt be this hard ;P

MMacfn

stop.. stop right now.

if you feel you are in over your head. then you are.

Installing a head unit is one thing.

integrating a head unit with the internal amps, Sirius, bluetooth, mic with a OEM is difficult UNless you do your home work first.

First step.

post the correct model number.

kenwood does not make a DX9900 BTW

goofy02z06

what side of town do you live on? I took mine to Cardinal audio on 43rd between dunlap and northern. I have taken many cars there for many years. The owner's name is Tim. nice guy knows his stuff.