NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Plasti Dip for Polished rim people!

Jakeoman

Recently was interested in turning my rims Black. Powdercoating would be an option but i was told the original polished look would not be salvagable if i wanted to reverse it back, and that it was going to cost approx 200-250 a rim! For all those not interested in going with aftermarket rims (like myself) Plasti dip is def the way to go! Works on polished aluminum or non polished rims. Cost is approx 55 bucks for the DIY kit. Takes about 4 hours depending on how nice you want it to look. AND the best part about it, if you hate it, you can just peel it right off and everything looks the exact same again! Any questions or anyone who wants more info Ill help walk you through the process and answer questions!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Guest badbobs95

Great look for your car! I'm just not sure about black wheels on a white one. Your thoughts? Posted Image

Guest Sidewinder

I did the wheels on the A5 with this. I dig it and it is pretty durable too. Gotta make sure the wheels are very clean before application. You can even do hood/body stripes and rocker panels for burnout box and road course. Then, just peel it off.

Posted Image

i think black rims on a white care is one of the most popular and meanest looks out there. Heres just one example. I think its an amazing look for c5 and c6 corvettes that are white!

If i get super bored im thinking i might paint the whole vette Matte black with this stuff... so i might be posting pictures of that in the future... haha. Already did my little brothers track cobalt SS and it looks incredible!

looks good now get thoes calipers painted red!

^^^this^^^

What (if any) affect does it have on wheel balance?

looks good now get thoes calipers painted red!

^^^this^^^

What (if any) affect does it have on wheel balance?

None. You can't feel a vibration til its like .75 oz or better, and that's all the way at teh outside of the wheel when concentrated in one area. I bet the entire amount of plasti-dip on the wheel only weighs .5-.75 oz. And when applied evenly it won't affect the balance at all.

And, oh ya, paint them calipers dood. That'll look suh-weeeet!!!

Cool! I think that came out very nice! I agree with the others that painted calipers would set it off.