Organized race with a Ford GT..guess who wins!

smitty's05gto

smitty's05gto

So i go to work this afternoon to get my nitrous bottle out of the freezer and mike is there with two of his buddies...

One of the guys has a new Ford GT sitting behind the shop and its gorgeous...absolutely love that car. 500hp/500tq for those of you not familiar with it.

Long story short we get on the highway with a few cars following as witnesses. we go from a 30 roll to 120mph...with me honking 3 times...

on the 3rd honk we gun it... :gears: I fishtail a little bit but his car just goes and he gets about a car maybe 1 1/2 on me.. 2nd gear comes for me and its the same... 1 to 1 1/2 cars.... then 3rd comes and my car finally wakes up.

According to the guy in the Ford GT " That car pulls like a freight train!" :yesnod

I quickly gain the lost ground and continue to pull from him up to about 2 cars then shut it down right before i hit overdrive (120ish)

This was the second race. The first race was basically the same except i had to stop sooner for traffic that snuck through on our closed course :)

the guy said "Howd you do that?" when the Goat pulled like a monster in 3rd. hehehehe :burnout2

The guy was very cool and was happy just to race.. We've got the first run on video and i hope to post it on monday. Unfortunately we didnt get the second run recorded due to technical difficulties.

Guest XLR8TNC5
well this freakin blows..... Apparently teh first video didnt happen either...

We've got about 7 seconds of footage. At least you can see my GTO beside teh Ford GT... lol

http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a145/smi...mgAnch=imgAnch1

Okay, well that was just cruel and unusual treatment of the fellow racers waiting on this vid... lol. You can PM me the rest of it if you wanna? LOL. wink wink... No wait, better yet, let me know when the next run will be and I will come video tape it for my own selfish whims. lol.

Nice Ford GT, but I wanna know........Where is the closed course on the 202? Wink wink wink... I wanna go there. :D Or was that just the drive to the "closed course?" lol...

smitty's05gto
Okay, well that was just cruel and unusual treatment of the fellow racers waiting on this vid... lol. You can PM me the rest of it if you wanna? LOL. wink wink... No wait, better yet, let me know when the next run will be and I will come video tape it for my own selfish whims. lol.

Nice Ford GT, but I wanna know........Where is the closed course on the 202? Wink wink wink... I wanna go there. :D Or was that just the drive to the "closed course?" lol...

no kidding.. i think i'm going to invite 5 cameras just go make sure I get it. especially now that i've got one or two guys calling BS on another forum. :)

Closed course is secret and its a minimal fee of $500 to join the club with monthly dues of $150/month thereafter. :drinkers:smilelol

Guest Sidewinder

[Qoute]

Closed course is secret and its a minimal fee of $500 to join the club with monthly dues of $150/month thereafter. :drinkers:smilelol

Guest XLR8TNC5

shoot, sorry about that, I just realized I posted under Mark's login... WOOPS! Hey, any lashback from the comments posted in the above post of this one, should all be directed towards me... Oh wait, hmmmm, let me think about this... Yeah, go ahead and send it Mark's way... lol.

smitty's05gto
I call :bs Bring on that GTO and I will get you a 2003 Cobra. :D

Chad

:) you stick some street tires on that thing and we'll do a highway play just like i did with the GT.

you can use your supercharger and your N20..... and i'll use my n20... and we'll have a blast! lol

We do not encourage street racing on this site, so take it to the track.

Thanks in advance.

Phil... :devil

We do not encourage street racing on this site, so take it to the track.

Thanks in advance.

Phil... :devil

:agree

Too many -> :angelsad

Guest mystifiedworm

:agree Street racing is very dangerous. Not only can you hurt yourself but other innocent bystanders.

Chad