NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Brake Kit for 2008 C6

ThatDudeWood

ThatDudeWood

I am looking to replace the brakes on my car and would like to know if anyone can recommend any solid brake kits for the 2008 model year. Trying to keep the spending limit under $1500.00. Thanks for the input and suggestions Wood

Big Poppa

You might could find C6Z brakes at that price. For Wilwood, Baer etc, your budget there is per wheel.

You can get a Wilwood front caliper kit for around that. Cheaper pads than stock and the caliper won't flex under track use like the stock stuff does.

First question is: What else have you done or intended to do to the car? Second question is: What are the reasons you feel better brakes are required? Third question is: What model Vette and with what options do you presently have?

Guest badbobs95

Call Loud Pedal Motorsports in Tempe. Best place in town. They did my brakes and a lot of other stuff. Talk to Steve, he'll take care of you. 480-598-5683

NoWorries

New C6 Z06 caliper sets are all over flebay for under $1500. Maybe some braided lines and higher grade performance brake fluid? Drilled rotors look cool, but can have issues with getting tiny cracks around the holes leading to failure when used hard repeatedly. Slotted rotors seem to do better and are more affective. Although a difference would only be noticed in taking longer to succumb to brake fade with hard use. Not so much daily use.

• 2 weeks later...
joe@cpr.com

I love my wilwood 6 piston. But I would go with the zo6 calipers honestly. If you need someone to do the install hit mebuo 480-254 -3194 name is joe