NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Lost power for a while

TonyYak

Hey all,,,, Out driving today and took a sharp left turn of the highway, when I lost all power to the motor. Message said "Reduced Engine Power". Checked the codes and what came up pertained to the suspension.... Anyone ever have this problem?? Reset codes drove it for 30 minutes with no problems,,,,

I had a similar issue on my c5 It was a com bus wire was shorting out and set the car into haywire mode. After weeks of trial and error. I re position the harness connecter located in the passenger side door accordion. You can remove the rubber accirdirusn and shift move the connecter so it does not get pinched while driving

the 1281 is Steering Position code, I'd bet that was a fairly aggressive turn? Clear the codes and see what pops back up

Yep,, was a little crazy,, trying to avoid a semi who was also making a left turn,, I did clear the codes, drove it about 10 miles, not too hard didn't know if I'd hurt anything, no codes appeared,, going out today but this time going to DRIVE hard,, will let you know,, Thx

Two Fangs

Based on the TAC (Throttle Actuator Control Module) code P1518, (TAC loss of serial data), and the U codes (communication errors), I am betting there is something loose somewhere, as Chad suggested.

Diagnostic Aids • DTC P1518 sets if the battery voltage is low. If the concern is slow cranking or no crank because battery voltage is low, ignore DTC P1518. Clear any DTCs from memory that may have set from the low battery voltage condition. • DTC P1518 sets when there is a short to B+ on the TAC module ground circuit. Inspect the fuses for the circuits that are in the TAC module harness (i.e. cruise, brake). An inspection of the fuses may lead you to the circuit that is shorted to the TAC module ground circuit. • Remove any debris from the PCM\TAC module connector surfaces before servicing the PCM\TAC module. Inspect the PCM\TAC module connector gaskets when diagnosing/replacing the modules. Ensure that the gaskets are installed correctly. The gaskets prevent contaminate intrusion into the PCM\TAC modules.