NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

running without mufflers

philv

would it hurt the car to run without the mufflers? I'm thinking about removing them for the cruise on central. I'll put them back on when I get home, I just wanna have some fun tomorrow.lol and how hard are they to remove?

No harm at all.

Google C5 muffler removal.

just did, but wouldn't the exhaust hitting the diff get it to hot? or would it be fine for a day of fun?

You gotta get it really high off the ground too. And without an x pipe it sounds HORRIBLE. Not worth the trouble.

You could disconnect the mufflers from the mid-pipe. Take out the gaskets. Put in 3-4 metal washers per bolt (there are 2 bolts on each pipe). Then reconnect bolts. Pretty much get the same effect and sound. And alot less likely to be ticketed for no mufflers.

You could disconnect the mufflers from the mid-pipe. Take out the gaskets. Put in 3-4 metal washers per bolt (there are 2 bolts on each pipe). Then reconnect bolts. Pretty much get the same effect and sound. And alot less likely to be ticketed for no mufflers.

did that and it sounds pretty good. thanks for the tip :yourock:

Welcome. Did that with another vehicle to test back pressure differences for performance at the dragstrip. Made no difference in time, but certainly more aggressive sound.

yeah it sounds badass when driving, but the motor boating comes out at idle.lol which I didn't do much anyways.lol