NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

hid in a c5, question

PhatVette

Hey all, I'm researching hid. Some say its plug-n-play. Some say use the bypass harness to the battery. Who has done it...and did you just jack in to the oem plugs, or did you get the bypass harness? I tried searching here, but the search engine only won't search 3 letters("hid") or less.

I did the harness for the headlights and the fogs are plug and play. Only issue I have had is that the headlights won't go down if the car is turned off. But idk if that's factory or not.

I had them in mine...no by-pass, just plug and play, but it had something more than just the ballasts. Not too sure. They were more of a headache than they were worth though. The "extra" part for the install was supposed to help with the issue of the lights going up and down, but didn't really help. I pulled them out and trashed them. I have considered those Sylvania bulbs though.

Yeah I've read of the inline resistor needed for the popups. (Shockwave)David, any headaches?

1334553900' post=292058]

Yeah I've read of the inline resistor needed for the popups.

(Shockwave)David, any headaches?

I wouldn't say it was a headache at all. I enjoy doing mechanical work, audio, and custom stuff. I turn my headlights off before the car is shut down. Easy task to do. Instal was easy as well. Mounting for the ballast was the only thing that took real time. I have also heard of the resistor plug in that is used.

I have mine in just plug and play. As to teh headlights not retracting, or the warning reminder dinging at you, just flick the switch to brights and back after shutting them off and the lights go down. It's just second nature to me at this point. And they produce so much more light than factory they are totally worth it IMO.

I forgot to tell you I have a hid guy that I have bought 4 kits from and they are amazing + the right price. Pm me and ill give you his #

• 4 weeks later...
corvettech

Ive installed them both ways and didnt have any problems, but i do feel more comfortable using the harness to supply its own power source. as for the lights not retracting, im pretty sure i had to do some trick wiring , it was a couple years ago so i cant remember exactly what i did to correct that... good luck? :hunter