Bondurant School

Loud Pedal

I am attending this class on Monday. Have any of you taken a bondurant course? What was your impression?

I'm pretty excited about this. I hope its all its cracked up to be.

I took the 2 day Corvette Z0-6 experience class. Very comprehensive. The teachers really know thier stuff, & you get lots of seat time and some road race track time. Be careful though as the insurance has a $5000.00 deductable. When you do the actual track road racing stand next to the instructor the whole time so you will have a better chance of getting the second car. The instructor gets the first car and drives real fast. If you follow his line you will go faster around that track than you ever thought poss. If you get stuck behind a student your screwed as they probably will go too slow and you wont learn by following the instuctors lead. You cant pass btw. I was directly behind the instructor, most fun ever. The autocross, threshhold braking, & heal/toe shifting are super informative and way fun as well. the skid cont. segment is done in a CTS, and I have a little more respect for those cars since then. Have fun...Joe

Your gonna have a helluva time keeping your cooler from sloshing around!! :D

That's why I havn't gone yet....yea right!!! have a blast!!! :burnout

Guest Kens06

That is the best insurance policy you could ever take out, for the well being of the new Z!! :yesnod:yesnod

Have fun and let us know how you like it!! :thumbs

Ken

Kens06 Posted on Jul 12 2006, 01:59 PM

That is the best insurance policy you could ever take out, for the well being of the new Z!! 

Have fun and let us know how you like it!!

:agree

I'll let ya know how it goes. Thx for the feedback.

Guest intmd8r
Here is a cheaper way to get a 2006 Vette on the track:

The Drive Las Vegas

Opened in April. Best value in Vegas. It was a blast!

The Auto Show in Motion is always a blast (and an even better value at FREE! :P ) and we got to drive a C6 on the PIR road course last time it was here.

Next time we're in Vegas we're definitely going to check this out - thanks for the info! :thumbs

That does look like fun. I'll check it out too for sure.

My goal here is to learn car control from professional drivers. I have owned a lot of fast cars in my life and have driven them pretty hard. I know the basic principles of over/under steer, throttle steering, etc. I just think that this will be a great way to hone those skills in a safe environment. The other nice part about it is that they will let me take my Z on their track after I complete this course. Being that they are about 6 miles away from my house, that is an attractive proposition too. I really want to see what this baby can do and still keep my license. :bang

I'll let ya'll know what my experiences were with them.

Well, I got day 1 behind me. Except for it being toasty toasty toasty, it was a fantastic day! That's the short version. The long one?.....

Did a little ground school on the basics of heel-toe, throttle steer, under/over steer, weight distibution, contact surface, etc. We got to meet Bob Bondurant and all the driving instructors. Then it's off to the infamous van ride.

The van ride is everything it's cracked up to be. Those guys are NUTS. Literally inches off each other's bumbers going 80+ through some nasty bends. We rode in the lead van in the beginning and I didn't even notice the van behind us. When I turned around it looked like it was in the back seat! Then the other van passed us and I got to see the rear view of what our van was doing. I could have gone without seeing that. lol Can you say 2 wheelin? zoiks These were obviously GREAT drivers.

After the van ride and some inner ear reorientation :chris we hopped in a cadillac with our instructor ( 3 people per instructor ) and we took turns on the skid pad practicing throttle steer. After that is was off to our C5s. These cars are used for race training, so they're pretty rough. It seems too that they have them governed because my C5 had a lot more than those even prior to mods and it was an A4. But, it is still a vette and they have plenty to learn what we're there to learn.

As you know it was a steamy scorcher today, so running the A/C as hard as we were pushing these cars was just not gonna happen. Even with no A/C she got up to 250 on the handling course. I pitted and popped the hood but she just wouldn't cool down so they got me another car. Several others also had overheating problems, but I am guessing those that didn't pull over were either not watching the guage or didn't care. I certainly didn't wanna buy Bob a new motor.

After some practice heal toe downshifting and following a line on a small handling course, the instructory would ride along with you and give you advise. It is amazing to see how effortlessly someone who really knows how to drive handle a car. I certainly have a ways to go. I feel I made progress, however, and it is just a matter of practice. It certainly has me second thinking if I will ever track the Z or not.

I didn't get any pics today, but I will be taking some pics and in car video tomorrow. I will try to edit and upload it this week.

:burnout:thumbs:bowtie

P.S. They have some 'stangs for sale. ALL of em. Low mileage. ;)

Very cool update. When I first started driving for a living while going to College, I use to drive a full size passenger van. When it was empty (no passengers) I use to beat the living hell out of it. I remember when driving it in a parking garage 7 levels up, we use to see who could drive it up the fastest. Talk about 2fast2furious, try it in a 15 passenger van. :crazy

Glad to hear you are learning. :burnout

Remember to have fun while you are out there.

Phil... :devil

Guest XLR8TNC5

I agree, looks like you are learning quite a bit. Very cool! Keep us updated and we look forward to the pictures.

I'm a little short on time this morning, but I slapped together a little clip of the fun. Its my first stab at video editing so don't beat me up too bad. The quality is pretty low in order to keep the file size small. Let me know what you think...

I tried to attach a file, but received an error stating I don't have permissions to do so. Forum Master...?

I'm a little short on time this morning, but I slapped together a little clip of the fun. Its my first stab at video editing so don't beat me up too bad. The quality is pretty low in order to keep the file size small. Let me know what you think...

I tried to attach a file, but received an error stating I don't have permissions to do so. Forum Master...?

We are currently not allowing attachments at this time. You will need to host it on the net with a link to it, or send it to me via email and I will host it.

pzuniga@speedyticketservice.com

Cool vid! and lookie there, they were all YELLER!!! Glad you had some fun there Dave!

That looks like some fun track time! Looks like you learned alot and probably had a heck of a good time. BTW the Z06's are all RED. Joe

We are currently not allowing attachments at this time. You will need to host it on the net with a link to it, or send it to me via email and I will host it.

pzuniga@speedyticketservice.com

Thanks Phil :)