NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Detail on Justinsane

Ted Y

Folks, it's been non stop at the Crazy Shine village on the West Side! ACE member Justinsane attended the Detail Day at mi casa and had a car that definitely had needs. He recently bought an '04 convertible that had hard water spots etched into the trunk, scratches and pretty heavy swirl marks. He wanted to know what we could do.

Here are some before shots:

Under the dirt, if you look closely, you can see the permanent outlines of water spots. Would they come out?

Posted Image

Look directly around the sun on this hood, see the swirls and scratches appear in a "halo" around the light source?

Posted Image

Same on the fender and bumper:

Posted Image

Posted Image

In addition to the sunlight, I also like to look at the car under artificial light. See the scratches and swirls?

Posted Image

Posted Image

This required serious stuff. I used the trusty Flex 3401 using the Lake Country heavy cutting pad and a combination of Meguire's 95 and 105 for the first pass. You have to check after each pass to make sure you are getting the results. After the cut, the Meguire's 205, is one of my favorite products on a medium pad to make it shine, and then a quality sealant.

Here are the results!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

If you want to see more, check out my thread in the ACE Deals Section. Support your ACE Vendors! :)http://www.arizonacorvetteenthusiasts.net/arizonavette/forums/index.php?showtopic=18035&st=0

dude ... that is awesome work ...... so glad to see someone who takes this kind of work to yet another level ..... Posted Image

Yes, me too! It is unbelievable how the paint can look after a crazy shine :thankyou:

Guest badbobs95

A year and a half ago, I didn't know anything about detailing a car the right way. Now I do one or two vettes per week using everything I learned from Ted and Dwayne and the rest of the guys at an ACE detail workshop. If you haven't gone to one yet, you should. If you're rich or lazy or just don't have the time, pay one of us to do it for you. Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image By the way, I'm on the east side. Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Dude who did the custom paint work on the hood..... most go with flames be I kinda like the clouds look! :edward: Bravo Teddie! :thumbs