NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

78 vette from Russia with love

Bromley's Corvettes

Bromley's Corvettes

78 vette project in the shop for some repairs and up grades. New tires and brakes and headers and exhaust and tranny service and rear diff and oil change and dist and plugs and wires and belts and hoses and alum intake and Holley carb and air cleaner and valve covers and breathers and alum rad and tranny cooler and big block fan clutch and A/C system. Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...
Bromley's Corvettes

Progress on the 78 vette from Russia with love Posted Image New intake and carb and valve covers and air cleaner and alum rad and big block fan clutch and cleaned and painted fan shroud and new belts and hoses and H.E.I dist and MSD wires and NGK plugs and coated full length headers and true dual exhaust with Flow Masters and chrome tips. Next the A/C system is getting a over hall and updated to R134a. Posted Image

Bromley's Corvettes

Wow, she's rough.

LOL she was rough. Nothing a little time and money cant fix Posted Image

chevyguy1969

Looking Good. What intake did you put on it and how is the clearance with the hood?

Bromley's Corvettes

The intake is a Edelbrock performer rpm air gap. They say on there site it wont fit. Everyone says it wont fit but with the right drop base air cleaner it works. I do a silly puddy test on top of the air cleaner in the center and on the front edge. This 78 has at least a 1/4 in front and about 3/8 in center. I did a 75 a little while ago and it was super close. Cant use a wing nut had to cut the carb stud flush with the top of air cleaner and just use a nut. Not all the vettes are the same that's why I do the silly puddy test every time. I have had customers that have changed intakes and air cleaners and they drop the hood and crack the paint lol. When you see a C-3 with the paint messed up in the middle of the hood you no why lol. Also motor mounts need to be good if they are old and lose and let the engine flex a lot the air cleaner could hit the hood. I have used the intake on lots of vettes from 65 to 82 and no problems as long as your careful.

I have used the intake on lots of vettes from 65 to 82 and no problems as long as your careful.

An 82 ????? FerShame!!!! Posted ImagePosted Image

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up car from Doug last week. It runs and sounds GREAT!!! Doug :yourock: !!!! I'll load some pictures as soon as I'll stop forgetting camera at home.

Bromley's Corvettes

Hows the air working Posted Image It got down to 39 at my shop that crazy cold for a C-3 lol.