NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Vechile RANT TIME

92ZR1Wannabe

92ZR1Wannabe

Not a good week for my family's vechiles.

Wifes van : Spit the timing belt. Not good, $26 belt + $300 Labor = Me being really adjitated.

My work car: Some asshat backed into it grinding his trailer hitch accross my nice plastic front bumper / headlight. ( almost 1000 bux in damage)

and now the vette .....

Headed home from work saturday morning and started smelling gas, got it home and found fuel puddled on the intake manifold. Headed out now to see about changing the injector O rings . Thats pretty much where it looked like it was comming from. And luckily they look pretty easy to remove on the LT1 .

Any way thought i would rant a bit ..... Hope everybody elses week went better then that.

:banghead:rant

Guest XLR8TNC5

awww man, Im sorry to hear about the misfortune. I have been there and you will make it through. Promise.

In my case, I crashed my Titan into my BEST friends car and did a total of $192.00 paint and repair damage to the truck and $1700 in damage and repair to her Honda.

Then, two days later, I smashed into a washer/dryer size box on the loop 101 and did $2200.00 in damage to the front end of my C5.

I TOTALLY feel your pain. Hang in there.

Tanya

Holly cow Tanya. Now I don't feel so bad about hitting a ladder on the 101 & taking some pretty good scraps & chunks out of my fiberglass right in front of my passenger rear tire. The good news is that it's only along the bottom so it doesn't look too bad.

Jim

They say when it rains it pours. Your fortunate the spit belt didn't cause valve damage. I had a girlfriend once who's 300Z spit a belt and it bent all the valves. I replaced the head myself. Talk about a project. It took me 3 weeks.

After it was all together, I detailed it and the thing looked and ran like brand new. She then totalled it 3 days later. :banghead

Guest chad@xtreme

92ZR1Wannabe--Since you lost the timing belt, do you think that any valves hit the pistons?

Tanya--Did I hear that someone is getting a new front fascia? Hmmm I might be able to help you with a Tigershark. Also do not feel bad I know someone that has lost their Titan.

Chad

92ZR1Wannabe--Since you lost the timing belt, do you think that any valves hit the pistons?

Tanya--Did I hear that someone is getting a new front fascia? Hmmm I might be able to help you with a Tigershark. Also do not feel bad I know someone that has lost their Titan.

Chad

i think that's old news chad - she did that MONTHS and MONTHS ago - so it has long since been repaired (i could be wrong however)

i recall her saying she was doing a buck 'o five when she hit that box - as she was following Ken on the 101 - i guess ken zigged and tanya zagged driving.gif

Guest XLR8TNC5

Tanya--Did I hear that someone is getting a new front fascia?  Hmmm I might be able to help you with a Tigershark. Also do not feel bad I know someone that has lost their Titan.

Chad

i think that's old news chad - she did that MONTHS and MONTHS ago - so it has long since been repaired (i could be wrong however)

i recall her saying she was doing a buck 'o five when she hit that box - as she was following Ken on the 101 - i guess ken zigged and tanya zagged driving.gif

Yeah, this was back in December. December 4th to be exact. A black day on my Corvette soul.... lol.... Everything is all fixed now and that is the Gateway Chevrolet experience I have talked about so many times. lol.

Fred Beans kicked ass in getting me all the parts, but Gateway is a bunch of idiots!

Wannabe, hope it all works out for you soon and you can get back to enjoying your toys the way God intended. : )

Tanya

I'll second that business about Gateway...I'm headed down there prolly tomorrow to complain. They suck some serious...you know what!!!! :mad

Well, my turn to rant some more. Yesterday I had a dead battery when I came out of work...... Not that big of deal. Today I went into a place to eat lunch & when I came out my column lock wouldn't disengage. So I had to have a flatbed come pick it up & take me to Van's Chevrolet. Hopefully they do a good job.

Jim

92ZR1Wannabe

Chad

I hope not, It turns over really well with no weird noises. So only time will tell.

Ive been doing some reading on these little forgien jobs, seems maybe they learned their lessons and started giving you enough room between the pistons and the valves so a $26 belt will not cost you $3k worth of motor work if it broke.

We will find out tommorrow. :)

92ZR1Wannabe

Well got the van back from the shop.

No bent valves (thank god)

The breakdown was as follows:

Timing Belt

Serp Belt

Waterpump

Labor

$450.00

No too bad i guess.