NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Removing Race Rubber

SLAMMER

If you race and find the little rubber marks on your paint left by little pieces of rubber flying off the car in front of you or even your front tires marking up the sides of your car. I have found the easy way to remove the marks. I bought two bottles of MOTHERS R3 race rubber remover. It works very well with little or no effort. just spray on cloth and lightly rub the affected areas. The mark disappears easily! I have tried other products and found nothing works very well. I have been using MR. Clean sponges that seem to do the trick but I feel they leave a very slight flattish look to the cleaned area. The Mothers R3 works the best with zero side affects. It smells good too!. The only thing I found as a knock is its availability in stores. It just is not on the shelfs along with the other Mothers product lines. I called Napa, Autozone, O'Rielys, Walmart, Etc... No body carried the Mothers R3. I was only able to purchase it online. So I ended up getting it from Jegs.com they have alway been very quick with their shipping and even threw in a free Jegs cap. I recommend this product if you have stubborn tire rubber marks on your paint.

SLAMMER :bang

Posted Image

I would think WD40 would work too as its great for removing Tar but I would alos think Goof Off would do the trick too.

I tried WD-40 with no luck. Goof off makes me a bit nervous. This stuff works well and smells good too! seems to have no adverse affects. SLAMMER :bang

You can also spray PAM or similar PRIOR to the event/burnout and it facilitates removal

GREAT! MORE OIL... have you seen my aviator? I don't need anymore stinkin oil! It's flammable for Pete's sake. PAM..........GREAT FOR BBQ, NOT CAR-BQE!!

Guest badbobs95

I tried WD-40 with no luck. Goof off makes me a bit nervous. This stuff works well and smells good too! seems to have no adverse affects.

And it doubles as an aftershave! What a deal. :partydance::partydance::partydance::partydance::partydance::partydance::partydance:

You can also spray PAM or similar PRIOR to the event/burnout and it facilitates removal

GREAT! MORE OIL... have you seen my aviator? I don't need anymore stinkin oil! It's flammable for Pete's sake. PAM..........GREAT FOR BBQ, NOT CAR-BQE!!

Well I heard that's how you like your cars, flamebroiled.:smilelol

VenomOnWheels

If you race and find the little rubber marks on your paint left by little pieces of rubber flying off the car in front of you . . .

What "car in front"? If you stay in the lead you eat nobody's rubber.

:3gears:

Well Dale, for you were talking about the people you lap! But now that your running in the green group now thats a different story. You gonna make AMP on the 7th? Its only a one day event I'm sad to say. It's just in my back yard so I'm looking forward to seeing what the rest of the track feels like. I loved the sound check portion of the track. SLAMMER :bang