• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1EvilC5

• Desertdawg

• Eddie44

• anmracing2

Sorry about the short window outage. I had to bring the forum down for just a short while to continue our upgrade to a new version of Invision Board.

Now back to business and discussions about Corvettes.

Phil... :devil

Must have caught me -_- , I didn't even notice. :clap

Just wondering, why did we have to change servers? Bad service, price, software used or what? Just thought I'd ask. Don't :hunter the messenger. :D

Mainly moving off of Bryan's service to one that Phil owns....

Oh...Cool! Thanks Dwayne. :thumbs

BTW: My new motor should be ready by NLT end of next week. :D

Your email says there was a new version of the software purchased. Will you be there tomorrow night Phil? If so how about we come prepared to kick in a few bucks. I'm sure you'd accept any and all contributions but I'm thinking if everyone kicks in a few we could cover the cost of that software that keeps this great Forum going! :thumbs

Phil, there were so few of us there last night I don't know what kind of contribution you got. I think if you've got a PayPal account you should post it so those that weren't there could contribute to the cost of this server switch over and the software you bought. I also don't think folks realize the group got several new domain names registered which all cost money. If you don't have a Paypal account I will offer mine to receive contributions.

Let's all pay so we can continue to play!

Phil, there were so few of us there last night I don't know what kind of contribution you got. I think if you've got a PayPal account you should post it so those that weren't there could contribute to the cost of this server switch over and the software you bought. I also don't think folks realize the group got several new domain names registered which all cost money. If you don't have a Paypal account I will offer mine to receive contributions.

Eddie-

thanks for bringing it up. We also donated to the cause last night, but it bears mentioning that if it weren't for Dwayne & Phil fronting us, we'd be lost in CF with no local home. boo hoo!

M~

Phil, there were so few of us there last night I don't know what kind of contribution you got.  I think if you've got a PayPal account you should post it so those that weren't there could contribute to the cost of this server switch over and the software you bought.  I also don't think folks realize the group got several new domain names registered which all cost money.  If you don't have a Paypal account I will offer mine to receive contributions. 

Eddie-

thanks for bringing it up. We also donated to the cause last night, but it bears mentioning that if it weren't for Dwayne & Phil fronting us, we'd be lost in CF with no local home. boo hoo!

M~

Thanks for the donations to the three of you.

If anyone else wants to assist, my paypal account is

pzuniga@speedyticketservice.com

Phil... :devil

I also like to thank Ken who recently helped with a generous donation.

Thanks for the donations, remember its the members that keep the ACE website and forums alive... :party

Thanks for the donations, remember its the members that keep the ACE website and forums alive... :party

Yeah, and for now the old server and software.

Phil and I worked most of the day today installing the new forum software on the new server.

Problem is that the databases of this forum do not want to load to the new forum, even though it's by the same company.

We may have to call Invision for "professional" help.

Sunday 10:30 pm trying to upgrade and move again...

Invision Power Board v2.1.7 © 2006 IPS, Inc.

Woo Hoo So far so good.....

We have teh avatars, pictures, and teh smilies working as of 1:34 am. We will work on teh look and feel of it tomorrow.... :hat

How about some feed back as to what you like and don't like so we can laugh at you because we still haven't figured out how to make it all work like teh old forum... :chris

Still on teh old server, maybe tomorrow we can get teh move done with success... :thumbs

Guest ChadC

While we are at it. I have a strong feeing why AOL users do not get email.

All aol email get checked for spam. One way of checking is called Reverse DNS (or PTR lookup)

At teh moment If I typed in an A record for Arizonavette.net I get a responce of 66.225.233.7.

If I enter in teh PTR search of 66.225.233.7 I should get @arizonavette.net. However I do not, I get Midphase.com. Ergo Aol thinks that email is spam and will not deliver it.

Aol does this so much it does not evan issue a DNR (mailer Deamon), that is why you get teh error.

..of course this is my best guess

Guest intmd8r
Looks good guys, but teh T H E problem is freaking me teh teh heck out... lol.

Yeah, it's freaking me out too! :leaving

And teh smilies are all smooshed on teh left side (at least in IE, which I have to use at work)...

Guest LT4ME

Looks good guys, but teh T H E problem is freaking me teh teh heck out... lol.

Yeah, it's freaking me out too! :leaving

And teh smilies are all smooshed on teh left side (at least in IE, which I have to use at work)...

The

Guest intmd8r

So I just have to ask, are the smilies going to remain in the format they're in now? All vertical and such?

It's impossible to easily find the smiley you want because it's too tall and too thin and you have to scroll up and down AND left to right! :willy

So I just have to ask, are the smilies going to remain in the format they're in now? All vertical and such?

It's impossible to easily find the smiley you want because it's too tall and too thin and you have to scroll up and down AND left to right! :willy

Who'da thunk Angie would be worried about smilies??? :rolleyes:rolf:rolf (I only found em cause they were next to each other).

We cleaned it up a bit to have the smilies more manageable. If you do not see you favorites in there, click on the show all.