NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

C5 exhaust upgrade any suggestions

ghost rider

ghost rider

I'm looking to upgrade my exhaust system probably just the rear behind the X not the headers I am looking for a deeper sound but wouldn't mind also getting more power or better gas mileage But I'm doing it for a better sound Any suggestions

I'm incredibly happy with teh Billy Boat PRT's, but you do get decelleration burble without teh x-pipe. :rockon2:

Guest badbobs95

I believe all of the cat-back and axle-back systems improve sound but only you can decide which is right for you. I have the SLP Loudmouth on my 2000 and it is rather loud and burbles quite a bit. Borla is loud and has a lot of droan if that's what you're looking for. If you are going to spend $700 or more, be sure you know what you are buying. Posted ImagePosted Image

Depends on how loud and aggressive you want. I think if you research you'll find the Corsa Touring to be the best of everything you want. Spendy though, get ready to shell out around 1200 bucks for new. Its very rare that you ever see anyone selling these used, most people put them on, love them, and never take them off.

Quicksilver98

I have the Corsa Indy Pace car version on my 98 with Corsa Xpipe and the rest of the exhaust is stock. I like the sound of it....not too loud (you can actually carry on a conversation in the car) but also sounds good when your getting on it! Its all a matter of personal choice. Search you tube and the big forum for sound clips they are all over the place.

I suggest showing up for an ace event and listening to the various cars that show up. If you hear one you like, just ask what they did. :welcome:

Guest badbobs95

I suggest showing up for an ace event and listening to the various cars that show up. If you hear one you like, just ask what they did. :welcome:

Oh stop! That makes way too much sense! Posted Image

You don't have to come to an event to hear my car, you just have to be within a couple miles.

You don't have to come to an event to hear my car, you just have to be within a couple miles.

LOL nice!

I switched to the Z06 titanium mufflers and like them. A bit more aggressive without always sounding like its racing. Did not have any noticeable difference in mpg or power.

B&B 'bullets' or whatever the lil short doods are called .. do the deed for me every time I run thru the gears off a lite :) I like the car to sound like it's got a V8 amongst alla fart carts out there. -GE aka Frank

• 2 months later...
goofy02z06

I have Borla's on mine, I want to hear the B&B bullets. I like loud, my wife doesnt but I driv the car so I win. The Borla's are loud I need to put high flow cats on it or no cat's at all.

I have GHL Manums for sale. Will dump 'em for $600 and deliver them to Tucson. Only 300 miles through them. Needed for inspection purposes only. This is what they sounded like on my ride:

• 3 weeks later...

I switched to the Z06 titanium mufflers and like them. A bit more aggressive without always sounding like its racing. Did not have any noticeable difference in mpg or power.

Depends on how loud and aggressive you want. I think if you research you'll find the Corsa Touring to be the best of everything you want.

Spendy though, get ready to shell out around 1200 bucks for new. Its very rare that you ever see anyone selling these used, most people put them on, love them, and never take them off.

He nailed it, I had the SLP Loud Mouth too much for my tastes. I switched to the Magnaflow Catback with bypass's and it was nice but when the chance came up for a Corsa with less than 5k miles on it I jumped. Its my favorite exhaust without a doubt.

I've often though about this switch. Are you happy with this set-up?

Yes. Am still very happy with the swap. I have a supercharger, not sure exactly how much difference that makes on back pressure. But since I have it on low boost I have to be a good bit into the throttle to make pressure. It is enough to make noise to impress the passengers when I want, but quiet enough to have normal conversation otherwise.