NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

which outdoor cover?

oldmxdog61u

I don't recommend a car cover. Maybe SLAMMER can weigh in on what happened with his C6 that had a car cover. Taking it on and off can scratch the paint. Being outside with the wind blowing is worse. You're better off just washing it often, IMO.

oldmxdog61u

NOAH or Stormproof, possibly a Sunbrella.

I had a sunbrella for my old car that really stayed put even in a breeze. the difference in interior temperatures was amazing and I credit it with saving my interior on that car.

Is the NOAH or stormproof as good, better or?

I may opt for a bikini approach where it only covers the window and top.

I was looking for people who use their car as a daily driver thru summer in particular and have had success with a brand or material, or another approach (window shades instead?)

THANK YOU!

I like teh NOAH teh best for a few reasons...I have to park under a tree that sheds like a mofo, and birds for some reason like to nest in it....so I need to use a cover, and teh NOAH stays on, is teh gentlest of all teh brands I've tried, and is relatively cheap. Teh only downside I've experienced is longevity, they seem to start falling apart after a couple of years in teh sun. If teh wind is really strong, it will come off, but then it shouldn't be on there if it's that bad anyway. It also repels a light rain, so if you just washed, it will save you. Whatever you do avoid Silverguard no matter what..it's essentially 280 grit sandpaper... :banghead

i have useda cover for 5 years at work. I park near a tree and leave windows open. Massive temp diff in summer. It has worked well for me.

• 3 weeks later...