NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Installed a MP3 player in Blackula

ICULUKN

My 20k Honda comes with Mp3 hookups, but my vette did not...so....

I bought the wiring harness for the CD Changer, GM10-AUX PIE connector (to go from GM's wiring harness to RCA), then RCA to mini Jack.... Took 10 minutes to install.... and works GREAT.....

Guest XLR8TNC5

Awesome. My Titan came with the MP3 players stuff already in it too. I love it. But now that I have XM in the Titan, I find I never listent to anything else anymore. lol.

GM needs to step up and get with the times.

The rental Hyundai I had yesterday could play MP3 cd's and had a stereo mini jack as well.

What I like better than the MP3 player hookup is a cd player that plays mp3's off of normal CDR's.

There are a ton of car cd players that do this...even the cheap ones, so you can leave the mp3's in the car on a 10 cent CDR instead of getting your Ipod stolen.

Guest XLR8TNC5
What I like better than the MP3 player hookup is a cd player that plays mp3's off of normal CDR's.

There are a ton of car cd players that do this...even the cheap ones, so you can leave the mp3's in the car on a 10 cent CDR instead of getting your Ipod stolen.

:agree Yep, my Titan does that too! lol. Im telling you all I LOVE the damn Tit(an) Truck! It has it all! lol.

Does anyone know where we can find those little mini discs at? I know the Titan plays those too, but I was wondering if they make it CDR style or not so I could burn them myself? It would be a lot easier to carry those than the big cd's all the time.

Tanya

Tanya, you have to check to see if the player supports them as some of them do not like the small discs.

I imagine you could get a stack down at Frys.

You might also want to check that your CD burner on your pc can handle them as well...

Guest intmd8r

My Infiniti FX35 also does not have the capability to play .mp3s, which blows me away. But, I do have XM in it, so I wouldn't likely use that much anyway. I still freaking love that thing too! :D

I do use the iPod in the Vette, but I just bought a micro docking thing (technical term for it, of course) and it's all good! I absolutely NEVER leave it in the car, though, so it's not likely to get stolen... :P

Wasn't it a stereo upgrade that caused the first fire? :leaving

Yes... but this is a plug and play into the factory harness.... The box doesnt carry power.,.. only low-level signal (RCA)...

No worries. :P

Guest LT4ME

My F150 had a 6 disc MP3 player. I had HUNDREDS of songs in it at once. My Vette just has a single disc standard CD player... :cuss

Oh well, I like listening to my double roller more than a lot of songs I hear anyway. :)

Guest intmd8r

I actually prefer the iPod, because I don't have to make CDs and switch them around; the iPod holds 15,000 songs! music.gifstickdance.gif