NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Need some tools, Help a young buck out :-)

dmaleck

I am going to be doing Head and cam swap in the Vette So I need to borrow some tools. I have some but not all of what I need. Any tools that I borrow will be returned in same shape as received and if anything gets broke I will replace it! also, It would be best to get them all from one person so I dont get mixed up with a bunch different peoples tools. Heres a list... Nice set of wrenches and sockets up to 19mm and one 24mm 1/2" socket (Gear wrenches would be nice too ) 1/2" rachet with extenions and 1/2" breaker bar and pipe ( Balancer Bolt) 18mm Flair nut wrench Nice tq wrench I believe I need up to about 200 Ft lbs? 1/2 to 3/8 adapter Nice set of pliers/screwdrivers prybar Rubber mallet and regular hammer Low profile Jack with some sturdy Jackstands ( I have some but I kind of like my life) If someone has that harmonic balancer install bolt that would be awesome! I have a 3/8 ratchet and sockets but I will most likely need some extensions of various lengths. I am in surprise so the closer you are to me, The better! I would like to borrow this stuff for around 2 weeks, If you can help me out I would greatly appreciate it!! Sad thing is I have all these tools....But they are in my hometown in wisconsin! Thanks! Aceholes! Derek

I wish I could help out but I don't own alot of that stuff either. I sure someone will answer up soon. Maybe Ton HOXXOH might let you use his garage for a couple of weeks. :bolt:

I have a lot of those. Don't some of the specialty tools but most of the others. I think you know where i live. You were here for a detail day. Call me 6two3 two97 608two (cell)

Thanks for stepping up Ed! I will be calling you soon in the next few days, I understand there has been some bad things that happen with people borrowing stuff but I can ensure everyone that that will not happen!

I've got friends in the right places if it does! :lol

While in there. May wanna consider oil pump and harmonic balancer if they haven't been done. Also check the driver's side bracket that the alternator goes on for any cracking.

Already all over it, I got ASP UD pulley, Melling oil pump, ls2 timing chain. I didnt know about the bracket cracking, I will definitely look for it, Thanks!

The bracket breaking is more common with a super charger etc., but can still happen. In 2001 they went to a stronger bracket. So if there is an issue just get the newer style factory bracket. No after market part to worry about. Any details on the heads and cam you are going with?

Thanks for the heads up! I am going with TFS 215 CNC heads, ECS Big NA cam, fast 92 with LS2 TB. I am hoping to put down about 470/420 :-)

I don't know if I have all the metric stuff, but I do have the AMERICAN-typs tools. Between Eddy and me, you should be ready to tear into your project. I'll be home today. You can get me on my cell (623.326.0251). Dave