NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Problem with fob

Loud Pedal

Loud Pedal

Anybody with a C6 have a problem with the car not always recognizing that the fob is in the car. I have had the car lock its keys in itself as well as got a 'no fobs detected' on the DIC when attempting to start it. Fortunatly the extra key was in my Jenna's purse or we would have been locked out of the car!

Also looks like I am a victim of the roof adhesive seperation. The rear of the roof panel is coming up on the passenger side. I guess there's a service bulliten out about this. Do you all have any GM dealers to recommend in town that you would recommend to work on a C6?

Thanks in advance

I have not had the chance to work with the C6 yet, but you might want to check the battery on the one you are having problems with. Do you have OnStar? They could always unlock it for you.

As for a dealer, I have worked with Thorobred Chevrolet with my Corvettes. Mike Terry, their Service Manager, is a Corvette owner and is very understanding how we care about our Vettes.

Phil... :devil

Guest AZ Power & Sound
Anybody with a C6 have a problem with the car not always recognizing that the fob is in the car. I have had the car lock its keys in itself as well as got a 'no fobs detected' on the DIC when attempting to start it. Fortunatly the extra key was in my Jenna's purse or we would have been locked out of the car!

Also looks like I am a victim of the roof adhesive seperation. The rear of the roof panel is coming up on the passenger side. I guess there's a service bulliten out about this. Do you all have any GM dealers to recommend in town that you would recommend to work on a C6?

Thanks in advance

I have some friends at Van, but I cant recommend them for how bad they keep screwing up my car... I DIDNT have a roof separation issue until they "fixed" it, now it rattles nicely for me.

My fob only works if its within about 3 feet of the steering column to start the car, never had an issue with the doors not opening though except when Van left it in neutral and killed the battery :banghead

I can't say where to go, but I can say stay away from :U Gateway Chevrolet.

I think they were trying to soak me for some cash but I was smarter than that. :flag

Guest intmd8r

I think they were trying to soak me for some cash but I was smarter than that. :flag

Which is interesting, because we've had a very good experience with them and have heard others have as well.

One of the service advisors over there has a vette, so we asked for him specifically based on recommendations from this forum and were very pleased with the transaction. :thumbs

From what we read when we were looking at a finding a decent dealer for service, most people take their vettes to either Gateway or Thorobred.

I can't say where to go, but I can say stay away from  :U Gateway Chevrolet.

I think they were trying to soak me for some cash but I was smarter than that.  :flag

Which is interesting, because we've had a very good experience with them and have heard others have as well.

One of the service advisors over there has a vette, so we asked for him specifically based on recommendations from this forum and were very pleased with the transaction. :thumbs

From what we read when we were looking at a finding a decent dealer for service, most people take their vettes to either Gateway or Thorobred.

:agree never had a problem with John Sheldon or Gateway.....so far!

Guest intmd8r
:agree never had a problem with John Sheldon or Gateway.....so far!

John Sheldon! Sorry, I couldn't remember his name, but yep, that's him! :thumbs

Loud Pedal

Thank you guys so much for the feedback. I can tell you that I had a NIGHTMARE experience with my C5 at Sands Chevrolet. Paint damage, greaseAvoid them like the plague.

I read the upgrades for the '07 Z and Onstar is one of them :toetap. It was not an option on mine. Nothing worse than hearing that honk when the fob is in the cup holder. I will try swapping the battery and see if that helps.

Thanks all!

But what about the roof??? Your coupe wants to be a vert? :crazy

:willy How does that happen, and whats the fix? :willy

Loud Pedal

GM has a service bulletin out for the issue. Apparently it has been a long time issue with C6's. The glue they use for the roof panel delaminates. Especially dark cars in warm places. I think a black Z in Phoenix qualifies for that!

I can't believe they don't have a better solution, but apparently they have a temprorary re-glue procedure and a permanent fix on the way. :banghead

Shame on the General!

Guest intmd8r
Thank you guys so much for the feedback. I can tell you that I had a NIGHTMARE experience with my C5 at Sands Chevrolet. Paint damage, greaseAvoid them like the plague.

:agree:cuss

That bites. :ack

What, do they use "gorilla glue" for the repair? And who designed that? Seriously, GLUE???

Sorry to hear that. Good luck on the repair! :thumbs

:chris West Siiide!

:burnout

Guest Kens06

I thought GM learned their lesson with the proximity lock/unlock FOB on the 96's!!

You could put the key and FOB in your pocket and walk around the car and listen to the doors lock/unlock and the horn beep!!

They always transmit an RF sig so the batteries don't last more than a year!

I know your car is new but who knows how long the FOB was sitting on the line before it was grabbed and programmed for it??

I had it lock the car when I got out, closed the door, and the key was in the ignition with the FOB on the same keyring!!

Now about the delamination!!

I just happen to be going to the Z06Fest in two weeks and would be glad to take some extra time off work and take your car to the factory and get EXPERT repairs done!! :xfinger:xfinger:rolf:rolf:rolf

Ken

Guest XLR8TNC5

:withstupid and I agree. They do LOUSY body work! I went round and round with them for two weeks when I had my Vette in for some repairs. After I paid them upwards and over a couple grand to do the repairs, it was not to my specs still, the response was, "Well, it won't be perfect!" :eek Whatever the F that means? I told them to make it perfect or give me my money back and I let them know that I belonged to several car clubs involving over 300+ Corvette owners and I would love to warn them all to stay away from their body shop! He didn't believe me and well, here I am, warning you all about their bodyshop!

I have heard great things about Thoroughbred and Van, but Im worried about Van now that Mike has had issues with them. Dang, why can't th people just do it and do it right the first dang time!!!

Sorry for the rant.

Guest intmd8r

I would personally stay away from Van simply because they're owned by Vantyle or however you spell his name. :cuss

While we're dishing it, I would add Power Chevy at Bell & 91st to the list to stay away from :mad , just my empirical experience. They say they're the "home" of Sun Country Corvette Club, :bs but I can't figure out why other than the proximity to Sun City! :D

West Siiide! :chris

:burnout

Guest AZ Power & Sound

Too bad I cant get authorized by GM to do repairs :D

I dont have much luck no matter where I go... Thorobred did pretty good on my camaro a few years back, but I always go where I know a service writer so I can get in on the situation... nothing worse then a 22 year old kid working on your corvette that has no idea about them, then just points at aftermarket stuff to get out of working! At least at Van I can get involved... just sucks that everything not getting worked on gets ruined and comes back broken!