NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Good body shop in West Valley?

Jon

I need a new front end due to an unfortunate incident. I've heard Classic Gold in Tempe is good, but is there anything good in the West Valley? I live at 331st Ave and Baseline.

Posted Image

There is a guy in Tempe at campus auto body named Hollywood. He is the only one I would take my car to. He fixed my Mustang several times. He does repairs the right way not the insurance way. I was kind of anal about repairing my new mustang but he did a beautiful job. I have sent many people to him and they all have been very happy. I know it's a trip out there but worth doing things the right way. If you choose him tell him Ben the guy with the black Mustang sent you. He doesn't know I got rid of the Mustang and got a Corvette yet. PS. He did such a good job the dealership that took it as trade couldn't find any evidence of any accidents.

If you go to Classic or Campus Autobody (I've heard good things about that place as well) then you can pick up your exhaust too!!! Best of both worlds :LolLol:

I asked Classic about doing the ACI Z06 style fiberglass bumper and they seemed pretty put off by me asking. Saying stock is better and if I really want to bother I can talk to a different guy there. To be honest it didn't give me a warm fuzzy the way they talked to me. I'll be calling Campus later today and feel them out. Link to Z06 bumper(same cost as stock) http://acivette.com/

Hollywood doesn't work at Campus anymore and they also don't do Corvettes.

What? that sucks, I work with his daughter I will find out where he is. He used to have his own shop on Bell, I wonder if he started a new shop. I will see if she is working tonight and get back to you. I do have his cell number.

ok so sad news, at least for me. I found out from his daughter Hollywood is semi-retired. He left Campus about 4 months ago. I will try to call him tomorrow or in a few days to see if he recomends anyone. He has fixed many of my cars, I seem to be a target for uninsured drivers. However she did give me a name of a guy that ran his shop for a long time. Mason Rush, he works or owns American built Customs. Emmalee, hollywood's daughter is his ex. you might try to call him. if not i'll see what Hollywood says.

I ended up using Gateway Chevy at 99th Ave just south of I-10. They already spotted a bunch of stuff not on the initial adjusters estimate.

• 3 weeks later...

Jon, How did it turn out? Did Gateway blend the new paint or just paint the new panels to match the surrounding color? SLAMMER :bang