NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

PAINT

bills69

That's like asking what good tires cost... It depends on what all you want, and what the car needs. Call the shop and chat it up with them. I'd guess $1,500 to... sky's the limit.

Bromley's Corvettes

If your not looking for a show car finish or not going to have the car judged then 4k gets you a real nice driver paint job. If you dont need much body work and your not changing the color or want anything custom. If your looking for super nice then 10k to 12k is what it takes.

$1,500 for painting a vette would be "extremely" cheap IMO. You get what you pay for and Maco will do that for $1,500. If your taking it all the way down and a base coat, clear coat it gonna cost you for a complete job and do it right. There's a lot of work involved when painting an auto. Also, if you want it to look really nice, a cut and buff is a must afterwards along with detailing a bit later. You can expect to pay around $8K and up for a great job at a reputable shop. Find a shop and check out there work before taking it in.

You could invest of a couple of cans of Duplicolor spray bombs for $4.99 and do it yourself but I'm sure you wouldn't be too happy with the results.

$1,500 for painting a vette would be "extremely" cheap IMO. You get what you pay for and Maco will do that for $1,500. If your taking it all the way down and a base coat, clear coat it gonna cost you for a complete job and do it right. There's a lot of work involved when painting an auto. Also, if you want it to look really nice, a cut and buff is a must afterwards along with detailing a bit later. You can expect to pay around $8K and up for a great job at a reputable shop. Find a shop and check out there work before taking it in.

I would not look at a 1500 paint job. 7-8 is a fair price. Does not need any body work.

Welcome new guy! :welcome:

Now that the pleasantries have been exchanged, please turn off your caps lock :lol

A couple of our members have used the Anthem location for these guys:

http://www.gerbercollision.com/Location.asp?PublisherRange=AZ...AZ&State=Arizona

They did a nice job on Chad's car. There are a lot of copanies in the north end of town. I would check prices and qaulity of shops. :2cents

Bill I just had my C2 painted. I plan to have it at Yoder's detail day, early in the morning March 10, come take a look. It is really an extremely nice paint job and was not that expensive. I had a lot of fiber glass work done by a body shop before it went for paint. We will not talk about the cost of that work. The paint job was not all that expensive, around $5K - $6K but there are some thing I would like to make you aware of before I would give the name of the painter.