NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

85mm intake manifold Polished installed!

Jakeoman

Installed my Typhoon intake manifold polished today on my 1998 c5 corvette. With all my other supporting mods i picked up around 32 rear wheel horsepower with this intake. And it looks good too! Win, win situation! Car now makes 415 rear wheel horsepower with no power adders or forced induction... Yet ;)! Hangs nice and tight with the new body style c6 z06 stock :). Needless to say im very happy with this intake manifold. If you can pick up a used one polished its much more desirable than just the standard LS6 upgrade for all LS1 owners. There are not many forums or people posting about this intake... so i would be glad to asnwer questions on isntall or help people choose which intake they would like for their Vette!

Posted Image

Purdy...but wouldn't there be an issue with heat sink, like the Weiand?

This ^

Curious to see how it does in the summer.

its pretty, but a FAST or LS6 would give as good of #s. You will be able to cook a steak on there tho after a drive to the pavillions.

Looks cool and nice number... Jus wondering, what does this mean?

Hangs nice and tight with the new body style c6 z06 stock

The debate on this will never end, I have the BBK SSI Manifold which is also not composite. You will find those who have tested with temp guns one right next to the other on different vehicles noticing no more of a 1-2 degree difference at most and you will find those who argue it will heat soak along those who argue it will not. We then have years and years of development next to years and years of running aluminum/metal intake manifolds. Personally for the 300 I spent and then sold my LS6 for 200 or more I forget I am happy with the end results on my BBK. Sitting its a little warmer in my opinion after shutting the car off and letting it sit but after a few minutes as HP tuners shows that nice cool air going in it never seems to get to upset... but then I am on E85 so my results are slightly different. (Reminds me I need to post my latest tune) Personally I think they are a good upgrade but if the chance comes along to own a Fast I will switch but mainly for the weight savings... those things are def lighter to pick up lol.

Where did you get the car dynoed? I'd love to see the dyno sheet. Post it up! :thumbs

i'd like to see the dyno results from your install too...

Yeah heat sink is a myth. The temps are radical enough to sacrifice any horsepower maybe 2-3 degrees different. i picked up horsepower over the LS6 that was on the car. about 12 rwhp more in low range and 15 or 16 at peak rpm range. ill email my tuner for dyno numbers. I am curious as well how it will do in the summer... but in AZ heat no matter what cooling mods a person has on a car its nasty nasty heat out here ;) Woulda went with a FAST but paying over a grand to only pick up maybe 10rwhp over this intake just didnt seem worth it to me :) and this one is blingy!

Meaning my friends 2007 c6 z06 barely slips away from me on a 30-140 punch. the z06 will loose me at about 90-100 mph. His is completely stock just catback exhaust.

Meaning my friends 2007 c6 z06 barely slips away from me on a 30-140 punch. the z06 will loose me at about 90-100 mph. His is completely stock just catback exhaust.

Wow! Makes me wonder how much HP I have. Only one Z06 has been able to stay up with me and he's not completely stock. Last dyno run showed 382 HP.

Ok, thanks...that's what I thought, but wasn't sure. That seems really odd to me for that number you have in relation to even a stock Z0, but I'm sure you are correct. I would think that after 90mph for sure the ZO really starts turning on and leaves you like a freight train.

Ok, thanks...that's what I thought, but wasn't sure. That seems really odd to me for that number you have in relation to even a stock Z0, but I'm sure you are correct. I would think that after 90mph for sure the ZO really starts turning on and leaves you like a freight train.

Was alot of fun! Did 4 pulls that night makin all sorts of noise on the highways ;) hahaha I just wanted to see how close i was to a stock one, rated 505 HP but to the rear wheel they are about 440ish so i knew i would be close, that extra 25 or 30 he has on me def starts showing about 100mph they will start slowly creepin away. Granite all a c6 z06 driver would need would be a CAI headers and a tune and he would leave me like a freight train... but when they are stock they are pretty easy to spar with :)

supercharged88

speaking of the ls6 intake.. my bros truck im looking to upgrade the 5.3 intake mani for an ls1 or ls6 one if yall have one with fuel rail.. im down to buy.. let me know. and the intake u have looks great