NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

couple of easy mods done

philv

BP has HID's. I still win. Phil, those new headlights work better? I never tried them with standard bulbs.

Why do you call those race headlights??? The race ones were flush were they not?

I present the commemorative C5-R he emulates...

Posted Image

Looks good phil! :thumbs

Guest badbobs95

Why do you call those race headlights??? The race ones were flush were they not?

Posted Image

Aren't those the same ones? They look like they might bubble-up too. Or are they truly flush? I haven't seen any so far that are.

I swore they were flat like the ones Radio Flyer and there was another group that starts with a "B" replicated. I even found another set online I am thinking about picking up if they will send me a side shot showing they are truly flush.

These ones:

http://www.breathles...d&productId=910

Posted Image

I swear these ones don't bubble up like that:

Posted Image

Actually the more I look they do look like they have a slight bubble but not a big one.

The C5R had bubbled up headlights, they're just not as obvious as there's so much more bodywork on the car.

The Depo's are pretty close to the C5R lights in shape. biggest problem with the Depo's is that they are a bit cheap, so the outer cover lens gets stress cracks rather quickly, and as Phil discovered, they aren't all that adjustable.

Posted Image

The Specter Works lights are not quite as tall, but are pretty expensive. And they have really ugly mounting screws on the outer lens.

Posted Image

Breathless Performance Products makes a set that are fixed and flush, and they are major barf. They use short rectangular lights that just look horrible and someone's computer cooling fan inside them.

Posted Image

there's a guy on the big forum (Radioflyer) that markets his own. He uses projectors out of a BMW, if memory serves, and the flush lens from the Breathless lights but molds his own inner shroud and makes his own mounting brackets. They are supposed to work very well, and be very adjustable and he has lots of options like halo rings, but I can't come to terms with his shroud. I think it's ugly as it puts the projectors almost in their own tubes. They are also quite expensive, ranging from $1200-$1600 depending on what options you want. At that price, I can't justify the ugly shroud.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Lewis 5 used yo make some, but the're pretty barf, and no longer available.

Posted Image

Weird I refreshed before I updated mine but yours did not show. Yeah I found them and Radio Flyer's, I did not like the fan idea but I could change that myself however there is a new set I found... can't link them I am at work and the site is blocked but they are claiming flush but will not show a side shot. *I swear the breathless use a light housing sim. to the LTx F-Body Camaro's.

BP has HID's. I still win.

Phil, those new headlights work better? I never tried them with standard bulbs.

yes they are a lot brighter, I can actually see the reflectors on the road for about 600ft. my factory lights wernt adjusted correctly and I could be sitting behind another vette about 15ft back and see his exhaust pretty good tho.lol I think she was giving me a sign.lol

Posted Image

Aren't those the same ones? They look like they might bubble-up too. Or are they truly flush? I haven't seen any so far that are.

yup thats what I was talking about, now if I can just get the body kit and decals I'd be in business.lol

• 2 weeks later...
Guest badbobs95

I believe these are truly flush and they're not $1,300. I called them and he said they only come in black but the cover can be removed and then it can be painted to match the color of your car. But, what do I know. Might be nice.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HIGH-POWER-LED-97-04-CHEVY-CORVETTE-C5-BLACK-HOUSING-HEADLIGHTS-HEAD-LIGHTS-LAMP-/180790090138?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3ACorvette&vxp=mtr&hash=item2a17edd99a#ht_3605wt_1109

They don't look flush to me. Looks like the Depo lights with different guts.

Posted Image

And, I can't fathom them working as well as projectors. LED's can produce a lot of light, but they don't focus and direct that light. For that you need some type of lens that these don't seem to have. So the percentage of light that is directed at the road where you want it can't be anywhere near what a projector will do.

But, to quote, "what do I know". I'd like to see them in action.