NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Finally not Vetteless....sorta lol

Corvette Kid

I have had lots of Vettes over the years (I think 18 or so) and my dad has had 53 Vettes but a couple years ago I had to sell my 65. I have always wanted to build a 1969 Convertible with L88 flared fenders etc but have it look like a period correct road race car on the outside but have newer suspension and a fuel injected engine under the hood. We make all of the new fiberglass body panels so I wasn't really concerned with the looks of the car as long as she had a decent frame and a good birdcage with a clear title. So today I finally found a decent donor car and went and bought it....I couldn't pass it up for $1000!! I will try and start a thread on the entire build of this car and keep it up to date. Anyways.....drum roll please.....LOL.....here is the fine turd Im starting out with......

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here is the rear clip we make that will be going on it as soon as the frame and suspension are finished and my full cage is complete!! And YES...it will be a convertible when Im finished :yesnod

Posted Image

Posted Image

:jd:

That thing is rough!!!

That silver one is badass. :thumbs

Ya....it was ridden hard and put away wet for sure! LOL.... I can't believe the way some of these old Vettes have been treated over the years.

lots of potential ...... will look forward to the progress on this one ..... !!! Posted ImagePosted Image

Your turds exhaust tips are crooked.... Can't wait to see this one come together!!!! Oh, and I want one too!!!

Duuude, sweeeeet!. That silver vert is the bomb. I also like your style...will be on this thread like a bad habit :thumbs

We make the rear clip pictured above but I couldn't pass up a 68 convertible rear clip I found today that has the floor board etc. Its going to be cheaper and quicker for me to just use the complete clip I bought today and install a set of our L88 rear fenders. Couldn't pass it up for $250! And I actually owned this clip like 2 years ago and sold it to the guy for $500, he used a couple pieces off of it and I bought it back for the 75 turd.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Can you send me some pics? What condition is the vinyl in? Headliner good? Color of headliner? We make a lightweight hard top that looks just like it that will clear my full cage.

NICE! All I see when I look at that white one you picked up is options. You could go a few directions with that, but lots of options there for sure. Our '77 was about 6 months away from being in a backyard rotting away as well, but we saved it (trying to). I would LOVE to put that sexy butt on our '77. Maybe someday. Congrates and looking forward to following your progress on this. :popcorn: Adam

• 2 months later...

I really like the silver vette. :partydance: Not sure about those those shorty sidepipes, but at least you won't burn the S#$% out of your legs getting out...Right Phill? :facepalm: Need more progress pics! :thumbs

*nice* project with an awesome goal :) Gonna be a nice hot rod ride when you're done for a fact. -Frank aka GE