NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Just orderd my detail kit and polisher from autogeek need help

c6-na-killa

hey guys i was wondering if i could get some tips i just order my detail kit meguiars 105 and meguiars 205 these are rubbing compound and polshing coat and i have p21s 100% paste wax and i will be using a porter polisher and im not sure how to use use these products and and need to know if theres any certain procedures or things i have to do so that i get a good detail.IM not a detail rookie ive been hand waxing and detailing for a long time just i never used a polisher machine or rubbing compound and ted since i hear ur the detail king you can text me or call me at 623 202 7389 ur advice or anybody elses would be greatly appreaciated thanxs post-1727-011915700 1328464293.jpgpost-1727-085288500 1328464303.jpgpost-1727-014083200 1328464318.jpgpost-1727-021018800 1328464335.jpg

thanks for the tips ted i hit something on the highway a couple of days ago and had some kinda deep scratches and marks near my headlight and hood boi did this kit and ur instructions on how to use this kit did miracles i was so happy with the results i love this polisher.The front bumper and hood came out good as new will do the whole car next weekend i had no time im having a superbowl party i will post pics before and after

i bought some optimum car wax spray on autogeek.net for 13 bucs supposely the best spray wax. man did my eagle one nanowax have a better shine and gloss for half the price

the trick i learned was to keep the coats of wax wet with spray wax while using the polisher it helps the polisher spin smoothly and work better

Bring some spray on wax to detail day so we can compare it, k? Glad your car is looking good! That's what it's all about.

the trick i learned was to keep the coats of wax wet with spray wax while using the polisher it helps the polisher spin smoothly and work better

Theres something wrong with this statement.

Wax should not have to be worked, wax is the LSP (last step poduct) and it's an easy wipe on, dry buff off for protection, not paint correction...

Compounds and polishes are worked, and if (in the heat of summer) it dries to fast then a spritz of water on your pad or lightly on the surface as you work the product is all thats needed. Water is way cheaper than spray wax.

If it's not 100 degrees, and your working the product past the drying stage, then your over working the coumpound/polish past it's working stage.

Example, Meguiars uses whats called "diminshing abrasives" as the product is worked, and heat builds, the abrasives break down into smaller and smaller molecules, the drying time is calcuated to be about the same rate as the abrasives breakdown time, so if your compound/polish is drying, it's time to stop, wipe off and start with a new application of product.

And remember to only work in a small section at a time, 2foot by 2foot is recommended....

Let me explain what i really meant i never said wax corrected my paint imperfections if u read my post again and look at the pictures i used meguiars compound n finshing polish along with p21s thats 3 coats with those products i achieved my great results wether spray over every layer of each product with dpray wax helped or not i dont no but i was happy with my results n thats all that matters thanks for the tip i will do 2x2 sections when i do my whole car next week n ima hold of the spray wax till the end this time