NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

The benefits of an ex-AC Delco Parts Manager

Guest LT4ME

Guest LT4ME

I'm working on setting up an ongoing group discount on AC Delco parts. From Alternators to Starters, Filters to Lock Actuators, I can get them all at just over wholesale prices. I have a buddy who runs one of the local AC Delco warehouses and I just talked to him about setting up an account for me to buy bulk parts. For example, I just bought a case of 12 oil filters (PF-52s) for $35.78.

If there's enough interest, I'll go ahead and get an account set up. The parts will get shipped to me and you'll have to get them from me (at a meeting, cruise or you can swing by my house) if we get this ironed out.

Hopefully, it'll save us all a nice bundle of money on maintenence & repair needs for the DIY scenarios.

anmracing2

Hey Mike, how about a mop and a bucket for TOGO when he tries to change his oil again????? roflmao.gif

Sounds like a good idea. How about pressure plates and throw out bearings for older Vettes? Circa 1971....

Andrew

Guest LT4ME
Sounds like a good idea. How about pressure plates and throw out bearings for older Vettes? Circa 1971....

Andrew

I'd have to check. I don't think they'll have anything that old, but you never know. :D

:thumbs:clap:thumbs:clap:thumbs:clap:thumbs:clap:thumbs

That would be unbelievably cool of you! Back when I had my F-body I worked out a similar deal with a Tri-City Parts warehouse manager, but on a much smaller scale...just a few F-body buddies and myself, but we did save some ca$h. I ended up paying about a third of retail for a clutch, water pump, battery, serpentine belt, etc....most any "consumable" part.

Anyway, thank you for "lookin' out" for us, it is very generous! :cool

West Siiide!!! :chris

Guest LT4ME

Yeah, the shop I used to work for when I was Mr. AC Delco guy used to buy from Tri-City but they were intolerably incompetent, so I did an end run around 'em and started buying from their supplier (who is the same guy I'm buying from to this day).

Guest LT4ME
sweet - i can always use a discount!!!!

:chris <~~~~~ me showing interest!

Not to be confused with

:chris <--- You at the Yard House

?

;)

Hey Mike, how about a mop and a bucket for TOGO when he tries to change his oil again?????

Andrew

He might need the mop and bucket if he spends too long at the Yard House too! :lol:lol

Very COOL idea Mike! :thumbs

Guest LT4ME
Great idea, especially if it's not limited to just Corvette's.

It's just limited to AC Delco parts.

Guest LT4ME
so what's the status

i need heater hoses for my '99

:toetap

Gimme the info and I'll price 'em for ya tomorrow.

so what's the status

i need heater hoses for my '99

:toetap

Gimme the info and I'll price 'em for ya tomorrow.

not too much more i can give you - need both heater hoses (i think they are molded) for a '99 FRC (if that makes a difference)

Guest LT4ME

PMs with pricing sent.

Just FYI, I'm buying them wholesale and selling them to you with a 10% mark-up for my time & effort. I want to be clear about that upfront so no one thinks I'm trying to pull a fast one. It still saves you quite a bit over paying retail and makes it worth the effort for me to deal with it. Of course, if it's a big ticket item, I'll drop the percentage down accordingly. This is always negotiable, too, depending on how much time & effort it takes to get the stuff.

i'm down - i replied with a GO!

need thos hoses ASAP - heck, can you also price radiator hoses? and are those readily available by chance - i'd like to replace those when i do the radiator - and a little bird told me he would lend garage space and tools - so it's hard to turn that stuff down.

(i told thaty little bird to post in the events section if he'd like to make it public!)

Guest LT4ME

Chris, I have your parts in the back of my Vette. See you tonight.

If anyone is interested, I picked up a case of LS1 oil filters (AC Delco # PF46) for $5/each (that's price plus the tax), if anyone wants one or more, I have about 6 I can sell for the $5/each.

Just FYI, I'm buying them wholesale and selling them to you with a 10% mark-up for my time & effort. I want to be clear about that upfront so no one thinks I'm trying to pull a fast one. It still saves you quite a bit over paying retail and makes it worth the effort for me to deal with it. Of course, if it's a big ticket item, I'll drop the percentage down accordingly. This is always negotiable, too, depending on how much time & effort it takes to get the stuff.

Thats cool! :thumbs I'm currently making a list of items I need, and I'll just pm you the whole thing when I'm ready to pull the trigger....getting new tile and granite in the kitchen as we speak :willy , so it'll be later this summer... :cool

:chris West Siiide!

:burnout2

Chris, I have your parts in the back of my Vette. See you tonight.

If anyone is interested, I picked up a case of LS1 oil filters (AC Delco # PF46) for $5/each (that's price plus the tax), if anyone wants one or more, I have about 6 I can sell for the $5/each.

hey mike - i don't EVER carry cash - can i bring a check? or are you gonna make me hit up an ATM on the way there?