NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

I need help with my new toy

AZ Z51

I Worked for the guy that built this truck back in "95",in "97" we installed a L29 vortec big block.Back then no one made a aftermarket harness for it so AZ TPI put in a Accel gen 6 DFI.He screwed alot of people for money and as result he had to sell the truck.I hadn't seen it fo about 6 years and found it on craigs list a few weeks ago.After talking with the owner,He told me it had been sitting for the last 3 years because the DFI mother board was fried.He had bought a new mother board and installed it but the truck just won't run correctly.As I remember we had the same problems with it back in the day and just had to reprogram the DFI..I bought an old lap top from my Snap on dealer,and I got the programming cable and software with the truck.but for the life of me I can't figure it out.I found some instuctions online but It's telling me about half of what I need to know

This things is a beast,in the 3 years the guy who built it,had it we replaced the rear end 4 times before we got one ot of a diesel work truck that would hold up to the abuse.It also wen't through 7 700R4 tranys,each time the builders told us that their trany could hold up.Since I seen the truck last some one has fitted it with a TH400 that seens to be holding up.

The guy I bought it from was down on his luck and hard up for cash.I didn't plan on buying it but after he made an offer I couldn't refuse I bought it.He said he needed a cheaper truck for work and was tired of showing and tring to explain the problems with the truck so he call me and said I could have it for 5K.The paint job is worth more that that.

So if any of you have ever used a Accel gen 6 and would like to help me get this beast running right,please call contact me

Mike Jr.

9gmUVkp8W0vN0VsK46A9pj7kH5Oi.jpg

Wow, way out of my league. Half the stuff you mentioned I never even heard of. :banghead Good luck with it, it sounds like it will be a beast when you get it running right. Robert :burnout

Desertdawg

The one person I know of that has done any tuning is Jim "Elkabong" You could try sending him an email to see if he could be of any help, but you may be better off going with AZPS or Extreme to tune it...

I haven't used the Accel system in particular, but I did my EFI setup on the 76 from scratch.

I also recently have ended up with a bit of free time.

Lemme know if/when you need some help.

i have an idea that just came to me

i recall some people over at corvetteforum.com in the C4 technical forum speaking of DFI - you might want to go over there and do a search and see who has it and PM them!

Got it running but it still falls off if you go over 2500 rpm once it's warmed up.I got ahold of the guy who repaired the ECM and he walked me through the software install.You have to load some files into another file and then open the program in DOS :banghead it's a pretty cool system you can adjust just every aspect of the fuel and spark.

I'm tracing all the wires and checking all the sensors,I already found an alarm wire that was connected to the tach wire.some people souldn't be allowed to touch tools.

Don,when I get it running right I'll let you know