NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Today is the Day!

Jester

I have been waiting until after the holidays to take the 99 Twin Turbo FRC to Loud Pedal Motor Sports to have it Speed Density Tune and today is the Day! :partygrnhat: I am not too sure what the difference is between a normal Dyno Tune and the Speed Density tune is but I am sure that Steve and the guy's over at LPM will get the most out of the new engine out of the car as possible. I will post up the results later on tonight but with this car I am expecting some big numbers :partydance: Here are the engine specs 402 Stroker Motor Custom Build (Low compression Iron Block 9:1:1) All forged Manley Internals Piston Oilers High Flow oil pump Double roller timing chain DART heads Dragon Slayer Crank Shorty Header Pipes ARP Bolts New PCM (RPM rev limiter set to 7000 RPM, Speed Limiter was removed) Fast Fuel Rails 60lbs. Injectors Dual in Tank Fuel Pumps MAF Delete 90mm Throttle Body Polished 90mm Weiand cast aluminum polished intake 588 lift custom ground Comp Cam 3” wide “B KOOL” aluminum race radiator Braided Hoses 180 degree thermostat STS Twin Turbo Rear Mount (60-1 ball bearing stage III turbines, 40mm AR Housing, ceramic coated, dual waste gates, Single blow off valve, dual oil pumps, inner cooler) Custom Engine Bay by RPM Corvettes

What? No hp guessing contests? :willy

I'm guessing about the same as my lawn mower, 4 1/2 horse.

What? No hp guessing contests? :willy

I'm guessing about the same as my lawn mower, 4 1/2 horse.

4 1/2 horse!?? That thing must be a rocket.

Sooooo... results will be here? :popcorn:

Guest badbobs95

OK, I'll guess 629 RWHP and 694 tq. Posted Image Alright. I'm cheating. I was there. What do I win?

By the way, this thing is an absolute BEAST! God, I wish I could buy it. It has a roar that sounds like a rocket ship. It started out as a crate SLP 402 and Greg built a monster. Now I'm stealing all his glory. I'll let him tell yall the rest. Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Guest badbobs95

OK, I'll guess 629 RWHP and 694 tq. Posted Image Alright. I'm cheating. I was there.

any word?

:pensativo:

I forgot to mention, that was on 91 octane and with small turbos! It's only going to get better #s. Posted Image

It did pretty good considering only 9-10 psi on pump gas and the size of the turbos in the rear. There is room for more obviously with better gas and more boost thrown into the mix. Those turbos in the rear should max out around 800-850 rwhp when pushed hard with good gas.

Yup what Bob said. I am happy with the number the car pulled down and sorry for not getting this up sooner but I had missed a day at work so paying the price today...

Here is a link to the Video's and Dyno sheet

http://www.lt4play.phanfare.com/5427791

The video's uploaded but I cant get the sound going

Thanks NicD and Loud Pedel Motorsports :yourock:

It did pretty good considering only 9-10 psi on pump gas and the size of the turbos in the rear. There is room for more obviously with better gas and more boost thrown into the mix. Those turbos in the rear should max out around 800-850 rwhp when pushed hard with good gas.

How big are the turbos?

How big are the turbos?

I believe they are 60-1s but not sure on the housing size, etc. Most compressor maps of a typical 60-1 shows they are good for around 500 crank hp each and then deduct for efficiency losses in the rear and drivetrain should put it around a solid 800 actual rwhp. From what I've seen over the years it's almost like "downsizing" by one when they are in the rear compared to the front.

I saw a pic Jester posted of the kit off the car, and they look like T04Bs to me. I am going to PM you....

I saw a pic Jester posted of the kit off the car, and they look like T04Bs to me.

I am going to PM you....

Cool

Aren't T04Bs basically a 60-1? It's been a while since I've looked at the specifics on those sizes of turbos so I may be wrong. I remember hearing 60-1 or seeing it somewhere, maybe from an old spec sheet that was floating around with the car or maybe somebody told me that, hell I can't remember now. LOL