Rear End Noise

Bromley's Corvettes

Bromley's Corvettes

Customer just bought a 77 vette from Vegas and it had a clunking and grinding noise coming from rear end. It had the wrong lube in it and the rear housing/cover is cracked. E-brake shoes also rubbing and U-joints need to be replaced.

Bromley's Corvettes

Well threes your problem lol. Looks like who ever did the rear gear swap over tq the rear bolt and caused the cover to crack. Center of rear end looks good in side so hes lucky.

Bromley's Corvettes

I love the smell of gear oil in the morning lol. Make shore you always keep your rear ends well lubed lol. Posted Image

Your customers need to join the forum, we need more C3 up in here... It's always a blast fixing someone elses mistakes... Good job!

Bromley's Corvettes

Half of them are on ACE but don't post lol. Bubba has been busy on this 77 so lots of things to fix the more I work on it the more things I find wrong lol.

Bromley's Corvettes

Some out side pix waiting for customer to enjoy his new well lubed rear end Posted Image

Bromley's Corvettes

Thanks guys and thats not a full resto just rebuilt the half shafts and replaced the rear cover and cleaned and painted the spring and replaced the spring bolts and bushings. The car runs good with the 3.70 gear but could really use a over drive on freeway. Maybe he will be back for a 700R4 swap or even a 5-speed Posted Image

Lookin good Doug ..... sure would look good a little lower to the ground ..... love the engine area ... especially the braided cables .....

Bromley's Corvettes

Lookin good Doug ..... sure would look good a little lower to the ground .....

love the engine area ... especially the braided cables .....

[/quote Thanks and I hear you the front end is kinda high. Hes coming back for a front end rebuild the bushings are dried out so good time to lower it some.

• 1 month later...
Guest badbobs95

Some out side pix waiting for customer to enjoy his new well lubed rear end Posted Image

Everybody keeps their rear end well lubed when Marco's around. Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image