NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

I'm Not Worthy!

Guest Mikey

I've been complimented over the past 5 years on the appearance of my Victory Red '07 Corvette and thought I knew how to detail my car. I recently traded it in on a Torch Red Grand Sport. The Grand Sport sat on the dealer's lot for 6 months and endured dust storms, rain, heat and fallen tree branches. I wasn't able to bring her back to life and the dealership couldn't/wouldn't remove all of the scratches from the fallen branches, so I had Ted Yoder work his magic yesterday and WOW! Scratches are gone, the rubber, plastic and weatherstripping is soft, supple and black again. The interior, exterior and engine bay are better than factory new delivery. Ted took pictures if you need to see what it looks like now...See Below Thanks Ted for taking pride in your work and treating my Corvette like your own. :yourock:

I'll get them up tonight if I can. I'm glad you're happy with it. Looked better than new, I think. It definitely had the Dealer Installed Scratches as an unwanted option

Here are some pictures:

Brake dust sucks on chrome wheels:

Posted Image

The weather stripping had this thick dirty crud on it. It was rough to the touch.

Posted Image

I used a trim cleaner and lots of elbow grease to remove it. Here is shot of the dirty pad from cleaning one door exterior trim compared to a clean pad.

Posted Image

The dealer told Mikey that a "tree branch" fell on his car during one of our well publicized dust storms. It left scratches on the hood, roof panel, rear hatch, and driver's door. Mike took it to the dealer who said they wet sanded it. Ummm.... I don't think so. Here are just some of the scratches I found. Keep in mind this was a BRAND NEW car with 50 miles on it when he bought it.

Roof:

Posted Image

Hood:

Posted Image

Left fender near hood:

Posted Image

Deep scratch on driver's door:

Posted Image

The interior black plastic was already fading, the engine compartment had leaves in it from sitting outside, and the trim looked like it needed to be replaced. The exterior got washed, clay barred, wet sanded a bad scratch on the hood, removed the branch scratches, polished, applied a synthetic sealant, topped the paint with a carnuba wax. I also removed some scratches to the clear bra over the headlights from the installer. I also covered all the black exterior trim and wheel wells with protectant.

The interior got the carpet shampooed, applied an interior cleaner, natural shine protectant, leather cleaner and conditioner, and window cleaner.

The engine got cleaned, vacuumed, and covered with a protectant.

Scratch on door is gone!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Detailed the engine with a natural shine protectant. Looks like it should have from the factory:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Scratches gone on roof:

Posted Image

Scratches gone on rear hatch:

Posted Image

The dealer also coneniently left a window open during the dust storm. Carpets shampooed, trim cleaned and protected, and leather cleaned and protected:

Posted Image

Posted Image

KILLER VETTE!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awesome work Constable Yoder.

Mikey, I hope you got a retarded smokin deal on that car.

Only thing I see that needs attention is the exhaust tips. get one of these... A bit of polish and about 2 mins and they will be amazing.

Posted Image

Wow! Very nice job Mr. Yoder. Love that car, It's killer fer sho. Hope someday you could do mine, your so far away but when I get time.... How long would you need the car?

I sent you a PM Marco. Chris, Mikey wanted his car to look as close to factory stock as possible and the tips come with a satin finish. They would look great polished too.

Awesome job Ted, sounds like a week's worth of work! :thumbs Mikey, you need some ceramic brake pads to cut down on those dusty chromies. :yesnod Will this one be getting supercharged too? :3gears:

Guest Sidewinder

I would never recommend an Armor All product to anyone! Except the wheel protectant. This stuff works like a champ!

My link

Supercharger Mikey??

After 3 "Check Engine" lights in 3 months I decided to trade in the '07 for an identically optioned Grand Sport. AND NO...This KILRVET will not be supercharged since the extra nose weight hindered my autocrossing/road racing. Gonna stay stock with this one and try to behave myself. :smilelol