NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Cherry Bombs on 87 C4

wolph27

All right guys im running Borlas right now and they sound pretty good... but they arent that loud. So I have been looking around for good exhaust thats affordable. I came across Flow masters and Cherry Bombs. To me they are both loud and have a good rumble to them. What are your opinions or suggestions?

I have Flow Masters on C4orce2 and love them. Several of the other ACEholes have heard my car and can tell you what they think. But remember, I have a LS 376/480 with long tube headers and a 3" exhaust, all of which help as well.

I have flowmasters on mine with pacesetter headers and cat delete and they sound great, a low rumble when low rpms but when you hammer it....Sounds Great, loud enough for me and im 23 lol

If you want to hear my Flow Masters, google "C4orce2" and look for the photobucket. There are several albums in the photobucket and one of them has two videos taken when the car was tuned. That will at least let you hear them on my car.

I've got Flow Masters on my 88 all stock exhaust. Sounds great except with top up and @ 1500 RPM the drone is so loud you can't talk over it.

I've got Flow Masters on my 88 all stock exhaust. Sounds great except with top up and @ 1500 RPM the drone is so loud you can't talk over it.

Yes, but that can be a benefit if your wife is traveling with you. :facepalm:

Oh yeah, I forgot we have short sound clip too... LOL!!!!

Ours isn't very noisy though.

Cherry Bombs...

Putting the Cherry Bombs in.

You kill me A, I enjoy, tremendously, watching your slide show/video show because they are such a production. I would watch them even if they were ugly kid pictures...

Guest badbobs95

Just my opinion but if you want loud, get an SLP Loudmouth. It doesn't get any louder than that. It's just cats and pipe but I love the sound. Screw the neighbors. Posted Image They'll get over it.

Bromley's Corvettes

I can do a muffler delete for you. Just pipe in place of the mufflers if you want loud and cheap lol. If you still have stock cats it wont be real loud un less you mod the engine like big cam and more comp and better heads.

Oh yeah, I forgot we have short sound clip too... LOL!!!!

Ours isn't very noisy though.

Cherry Bombs...

Putting the Cherry Bombs in.

You kill me A, I enjoy, tremendously, watching your slide show/video show because they are such a production. I would watch them even if they were ugly kid pictures...

:smilelol

Haha. anm that GTO sounds meaner than the devil himself. I like that sound.

Thanks, I love the way the Cherry Bombs sound too.

• 4 weeks later...

so over the past 11 years i have been look for a mean sounding exhaust and gone through flowmaster, borla and finally went to pro muffler were they took out my pre cats, took out my muffler and upgraded my main cat. car goes thru emissions fine and sounds mean as hell. NOT LOUD just aggressive. if you want i can show you so you hear it.

• 2 weeks later...

On my 88 coupe I run muffler eliminators on my otherwise stock exhaust. Seems pretty loud to me...and cheap. $149 from Corvette Central. Bolted them on myself in my garage. Would prefer to get them welded in place though. Probabaly will eventually if I don't just do an entire exhaust upgrade instead. I didn't really notice any performance upgrade from the EMs though...just sounds better.

• 2 weeks later...
supercharged88

cherry bombs or glass packs are like ass blasters on hondas they dont sound good. but if u like wraspy sounds then be my guest..

• 1 year later...

I have Hedman long tube ceramic coated headers. EGR tubing. Magnaflow cats. O2 sensor and EGR. True dual exhaust staggered the cats where the 3rd cats was ! Flowmaster 44 mufflers painted silver. LT-1 chrome tips. Over $1100 parts and labor. Down side is the drone at certain RPM's. However with the Comp Cam its awesome.