Any new info on Arizona Motorsports Park?

AZ FASTEST

Does anyone know the current status (besides CLOSED) of the AZ Motorsports Park??

I'd like to sneak in for a couple of laps! :bowtie

Disclaimer: The above comment in no way should be construed as a solicitation for anyone with a set of bolt cutters and a drum of racing gas to join me in any conspiracy to actually run the aforementioned laps. Trespassing is wrong and we wouldn't want to wake the neighbors. :xfinger

The last news I saw is this article Racetrack's future

It still doesn't look good for it ever reopening. The AZSolo forum used to get news from Dan the owner, but even that has dried up...

Guest LT4ME

They're trying to build a new motorsports park in Buckeye, but a lot of the residents are fighting it, due to noise concerns. Funny thing is I work in Buckeye and there's so much vast, empty land areas I can't imagine how it could annoy anyone if built in the right place.

The last news I saw is this article Racetrack's future

It still doesn't look good for it ever reopening. The AZSolo forum used to get news from Dan the owner, but even that has dried up...

What a sad waste of asphalt!

Guest Kens06

I would drop the 'lost revenue compensation' suit and push the reinstatement of the 'special use' permit!!

Then I would open the track for my FRIENDS use, especially those with free flowing exhaust!!

Attendee donations could be made to cover insurance issues and portions of concession/vendors revenues would not make the get-together a commercial event!

Roach coaches come to job sites all the time!

If I had 155 acres to throw a party, I'd need BIG tents, Rock and Roll bands, and naked chicks wrestling in Jello!!!!!!

What a GREAT way to flip "The Bird" to all the LINDA'S that are making all the noise!!

Just a thought!!

Ken

I would drop the 'lost revenue compensation' suit and push the reinstatement of the 'special use' permit!!

Then I would open the track for my FRIENDS use, especially those with free flowing exhaust!!

If I had 155 acres to throw a party, I'd need BIG tents, Rock and Roll bands, and naked chicks wrestling in Jello!!!!!!

What a GREAT way to flip "The Bird" to all the LINDA'S that are making all the noise!!

Just a thought!!

Ken

:agree And I like the way you think, man. My only questions are: 1) Who is this Dan Maloney? & 2) Why aren't WE(the original A.C.E. ;)) on his "friends" list or actively trying to "recruit" or cozy up to him on the off chance he gets his permits or whatever? He's gotta have a 'Vette or three lying around...

I know, I know...how shallow of me to suggest that we befriend someone just to gain access to his "toyland", but I figure I would beg, plead, genuflect, and generally pay through the nose to have track access that close to home...but hey, that's just me.

:rant And screw Al Gore, my carbon footprint shall be laced with internal combustion driven thrills 'til the day they cremate my dead ass and drop the ashes from a helicopter! :lol

Desertdawg
They're trying to build a new motorsports park in Buckeye, but a lot of the residents are fighting it, due to noise concerns. Funny thing is I work in Buckeye and there's so much vast, empty land areas I can't imagine how it could annoy anyone if built in the right place.

The new motor park is planned for way southwest of Buckeye, on St route 85 just south of the prisons.

They built a 2nd super dump out there, and no one complained, now they want to build a racetrack away from any of the residents, and they all start whining....

Last I heard the new track is still a go, it's supposed to be sort of like Firebird, but geared more towards active pro racers, as a practice area, I have emailed the company proposing it, and they said they are going to include a skid pad for autoX, and there will be track days also....

Guest intmd8r
The new motor park is planned for way southwest of Buckeye, on St route 85 just south of the prisons.

They built a 2nd super dump out there, and no one complained, now they want to build a racetrack away from any of the residents, and they all start whining....

Last I heard the new track is still a go, it's supposed to be sort of like Firebird, but geared more towards active pro racers, as a practice area, I have emailed the company proposing it, and they said they are going to include a skid pad for autoX, and there will be track days also....

Nice! :thumbsbunnydance.gif