Shift Light installation - who knows how

Togo

Phil - i know you have one, and i'm not real sure where you had it installed - but i'm wanting to pick one up and attempt the install myself, but the few that i have seen require aftermarket tachs - and the one like you had is pretty pricey - so i thought i'd see if i could "engineer" something myself using the LEDs from autolumination

who knows how they work EXACTLY

and what do they connect to?

how does the light know when to turn on?

do the raptor shift lights and stuff have a dial to change the RPM turn on for the light?

am I S.O.L.?

and Glenn - for this particular item, it's not about the money, it's about getting EXACTLY what i want rather than buying someone elses product - as i could then integrate it into the dash or something else.

Guest chad@xtreme

We use and sell the Raptor shift light. It is a LED light and about size of a dime. It does not require an aftermarket tach. It has dials to set it up to the 100 rpms. It requires 3 wires to be hooked up. 12v key on all time power, ground and the tach wire. Let me know if we can help you.

Chad

Ground and 12v switched are found in the footwell.... The tach wire can be found under the steering column or off the PCM. Chad knows what wire and it only takes him a few to hook it up.