Little Ticked OFF

knkayotte

Well, my dad and I did a ton of work on the 72 Vette, all new suspension bushings, new rotors, front calipers, brake shoes on all four corners, ball joints, tie rods, u joints on the half-shafts, new outer seals on the diff, new sway bars front and rear, new composite rear spring, new shocks, and coil springs.

When we lowered the car back down the front end was sky high. Looks like I got the wrong springs even though the box clearly states they are for a 72 small block. Looks like I got big block springs. :cuss . Side by side they are the same height as the old ones but the coils are much thicker on the new springs.

I guess I'll slap the old ones back in for now. :angry

Dwayne knows a good truck tire dealer. Those babys would fill the wheel wells. :lol

I took the afternoon off only to come home and find out my dad changed out the springs and put the old ones back in. Awesome mechanic, he couldn't wait to get the car back on the road. Just got back from a little test drive, what a difference, rides and handles like a dream now.

Are you certain the springs fit completely into the A-arms?

I put big block springs on my 76 (I have a small block) and the ride height was fine...

Glad things are looking up, after all the work you done. Bummer about the springs. :burnout

Are you certain the springs fit completely into the A-arms?

I put big block springs on my 76 (I have a small block) and the ride height was fine...

Yup, we took special care to make sure they were sitting in their indentions.

Also it takes time for the new springs to settle, if yours was real tall they might not settle enough though.

Your other option is to cut a coil or two off if you really want the new springs....

Truck tires....Hummmph!!! :cuss