NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Projector build begins

shockwave

So I final decided to get the project underway. I 'm building my own hid projector headlights. I had all the parts sitting around so lets see what happens. Should be fun :partydance:

light bit of a teasers.

Posted Image

mock mount for test

Posted Image

what the light looks like now

Posted Image

what the projector light looks like on the ceiling

Posted Image

little more work done.Still need to make the cover for the square opening where the original lights went but almost ready to finalize. I left room on the inside for another projector later on.

Mock up with projector bolted in

Posted Image

mock up of cover added to the lens

Posted Image

Well everything is mounted and I just need to put the finishing touches on them but MANNnnn what a differences.

Some pictures to enjoy Gentlemen

Stock on the driver, upgrade on the passenger

Posted Image

Posted Image

upgraded

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Projector line

Posted Image

Good work there. How is the visibility now? I'm assuming mucho better considering the lovely lights that come with the C5.

Good work there. How is the visibility now? I'm assuming mucho better considering the lovely lights that come with the C5.

Light is 1000 time better. I'm going to be adding hids to the fogs too

I wonder how hard it would be to do that to the brights also. then it would look a lot better. I just dont like that opening beside them. but sweet dude. you could use mine for a prototype.lol

I wonder how hard it would be to do that to the brights also. then it would look a lot better. I just dont like that opening beside them. but sweet dude. you could use mine for a prototype.lol

Agree, Im going to be adding another projector to the inside. I think I'll move the big one to the inside and place a smaller one to the outside.

Agree, Im going to be adding another projector to the inside. I think I'll move the big one to the inside and place a smaller one to the outside.

then we could put it in my c5 and I'll try it out for you.lol

You will want to stay with normal incondessnt lights for High beams for the ability to "flash" Flashing or flickering is very damaging to HID lights and the ballasts. Now who is to say you still cant use a projector housing and put in a 1000watt aircraft landing gear light inside.

You will want to stay with normal incondessnt lights for High beams for the ability to "flash"

Flashing or flickering is very damaging to HID lights and the ballasts.

Now who is to say you still cant use a projector housing and put in a 1000watt aircraft landing gear light inside.

lol and where could i find one of these 1000watt aircraft landing gear lights?

You will want to stay with normal incondessnt lights for High beams for the ability to "flash"

Flashing or flickering is very damaging to HID lights and the ballasts.

Now who is to say you still cant use a projector housing and put in a 1000watt aircraft landing gear light inside.

lol and where could i find one of these 1000watt aircraft landing gear lights?

Q4559X

Of course you will need a second battery or a converter to get the full power, since most A/C systems are 24 v... :smilelol

Nice job! One of the nicest conversions I've seen :thumbs That is the first thing I noticed when I traded in my C5 for C6 was the real headlights I got in the deal.

Nice job! One of the nicest conversions I've seen :thumbs

That is the first thing I noticed when I traded in my C5 for C6 was the real headlights I got in the deal.

ya, I really couldn't stand the great stock headlights that came with the car and didnt want frog lights. This seems like a good set up for the meantime.

Very nice job! I think moving the bigger projector to the inside and a smaller one on the outside would look awesome, assuming you leave it on brights all the time, so both were always on. I don't know too much about the power HID's require. Can you run 4 simultaneously all the time?