NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Car got keyed :(

Guest AZ Power & Sound

This may be a bit long, but I will go into what happened when my girlfriend's (now my wife) car got keyed.

She managed to buy a GHLS Shelby Charger. During the late 80's this was the fastest car you could buy under 15K. It was a 4 banger, tubo charged, intercooled car that was worked over by Shelby America after it left Dodge. Koni suspension, Getrag 5 speed and lots more. They were rated at 175 HP, but many tested out at around 200 HP at the wheels. We upped the boost, and I even played with things like external water cooling of the intercooler, and fuel enrichment via extra fuel pressure -- I did this long before I had heard of it and way before I knew what I was doing.

Factory it ran 14.5 - 14.9. Ours was running low 14's - high 13's depending on if you could get the tires to get hold of the ground at all. It ate 5.0's and SVO's for lunch, would keep with or outrun the IROC Z's and would take most anything short of a Vette or Grand National (it would kill a GN on a road course though).

Anyway, Tracy managed to get one of these used from a dealer that had no idea what it was. Got it cheap and we used it to embarass the local hotroders when I was in high school.

One such a-hole had a Mustang II with a 302, 4bbl and some work done on it. He though he was hot shit. His dad had an honest to god Shelby Mustang, but numbnuts was never allowed to touch it.

Well brainless got tired of Tracy having a better car so he keyed it and then cut up the interior pretty badly.

The best revenge was not kicking the ever living shit out of him. It was getting the car repaired and then racing him at a local park late one night. Not only did we whoop ass on his slow little retard car, all his friends saw that he got his ass handed to him by a 4 banger Dodge. We never saw much of Ford for brains after his very humiliating loss.

Sometimes, letting everyone know how much of a loser these a-holes are is a lot better that beating him. Still, it would have been nice to kick him in the ribs a few times.

I really wish we had this car again. It would beat the snot out of most of today's ricers and never would look like something fast if you remove the decals.

I hope you can find out which pathetic mental midget keyed your car. I hope you can find him and beat him in one way or another. Sorry to hear your car got abused by one of these idiots. We try our best to protect them, but we can't live every minute in our cars. Best of luck we the repairs.

I disagree...Spare the rod, spoil the idiot! :smilelol Besides it felt good at the time and made me feel a lot better afterwards knowing he wasn't going to do that anymore...well at least until his broken arm healed. :D I was a rather wild and crazy guy back in my younger days. :ack

Never had a car key, luck I guess. Have fixed a few that have been keyed and it?s not cheep. A friend of mine had his car done and it turned out to be the 10-year-old neighbor kid. Tough luck, I?m sure it will be fixed better than new

Damn, that sucks Mike. I know how you feel. I have my car keyed. They didn't just key the car either. They fing dug the key into the paint. I feel your pain!