NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Hazy look to paint?

Jon

I washed the car this morning after the asphalt incident yesterday. When I had it in the sunlight I could see almost a 3D effect of haziness. What the heck is that? Did the dealer get too happy with a buffer?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Can't see what you're seeing from the photos...when in doubt, summon Ted Yoder by saying his name three times while clicking your heels together.

It's probably what is called a "Hologram" effect. This means that your detailer isn't any good or wasn't watching what is was doing. Talk to Ted to fix you up, I'm sure he can help.

Did, uh... You use the "foaming brush" at the do-it-yourself-quarter-wash? Did you use a spray-on wax that maybe left a haze? Grabbing at straws here. *hijack* How are you liking the NT05's?

Did, uh... You use the "foaming brush" at the do-it-yourself-quarter-wash?

Did you use a spray-on wax that maybe left a haze?

Grabbing at straws here.

*hijack* How are you liking the NT05's?

Foam brush??? :facepalm:

I wouldn't even use a foam brush on a Ford. I used Meguires Gold Class car soap, a synthetic sponge, and an Absorber to dry it.

NT05's are awesome! With the Pfadt sways and shocks it's a whole new car!

Black is sensitive. If it isn't buffed properly, it hazes. A quality polish and sealant/wax should solve it.

At least it can be fixed. :yourock:

Wat is the best wax for a black c6 if price didnt matter anybody have an answer

That's sort of like asking what restaurant has the best food or what's the hottest woman in the world. You're bound to get a million different answers.

Wax is a protection agent made from natural ingredients. This is different than synthetic sealant. These will add shine but not remove defects.

I guess my point is to learn how to use a good product, there are a ton of them out there which do a fine job. Many are not expensive, some are.

I've heard this is good stuff, and expensive too: http://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-fuzion-carnauba-polymer-car-wax.html

Did, uh... You use the "foaming brush" at the do-it-yourself-quarter-wash?

Did you use a spray-on wax that maybe left a haze?

Grabbing at straws here.

*hijack* How are you liking the NT05's?

Foam brush??? :facepalm:

I wouldn't even use a foam brush on a Ford. I used Meguires Gold Class car soap, a synthetic sponge, and an Absorber to dry it.

NT05's are awesome! With the Pfadt sways and shocks it's a whole new car!

Black is sensitive. If it isn't buffed properly, it hazes. A quality polish and sealant/wax should solve it.

At least it can be fixed. :yourock:

OK, I assumed any good self respecting Corvette owner would know better, but... Without insult, you just never know.

And I too have the NT05's, and I love 'em.

That's sort of like asking what restaurant has the best food or what's the hottest woman in the world. You're bound to get a million different answers.

Wax is a protection agent made from natural ingredients. This is different than synthetic sealant. These will add shine but not remove defects.

I guess my point is to learn how to use a good product, there are a ton of them out there which do a fine job. Many are not expensive, some are.

I've heard this is good stuff, and expensive too: http://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-fuzion-carnauba-polymer-car-wax.html

I'm down to try the Wolfgang wax. Use the Wolfgang sealant 3.0 as a base with Wolfgang or Pinnacle wax on top. We can maybe work something out where I buy all the supplies and you can use them on your car also. We should probably take it to PM's to discuss further.

I'm down to try the Wolfgang wax. Use the Wolfgang sealant 3.0 as a base with Wolfgang or Pinnacle wax on top. We can maybe work something out where I buy all the supplies and you can use them on your car also. We should probably take it to PM's to discuss further.

Wolfgang products are pretty good, a tad pricey, but good. That's all Robert uses (not that that means they are the best btw)and I used them on my car and looks great well after a year later. :thumbs

Wills.WindowsAndWheels

A lot of times doing a sealant first and then topping it with a wax is a good combo. But you can also go with one or the other. When we detailed this red Challenger we used the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant....very nice stuff: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/42041-2009-red-dodge-challenger-polish-out-w-megs-mf-lots-pics-video.html#post553270

We of course corrected the paint first. We went back about a month later for a maintenance wash and the dirt just rolled off...so I give it an A+ so far...not to mention it felt like silk and the gloss was VERY impressive for a sealant.

For just a straight wax...its about $100 we used Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax on this Camaro which was black. After a good correction...to say it looked wet would be an understatement http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/39687-2010-772-hp-black-camaro-ss-swirl-city.html

I'm on the border of buying some of the Fuzion Ted mentioned...might give it a shot just for fun to see how it looks but the two listed above, while a little pricey worked great...and if you did the sealant first..and then topped with either the Pinnacle Souveran or the WG Fuzion...it should look amazing...

Wills.WindowsAndWheels

Under no circumstances take it to the dealer unless it is a warrantee repair. :)

:agree ...and tell them NOT TO WASH IT or else you will have swirl city when you get it back

• 2 weeks later...

I have been using the Adams product line for about 8 years now. Although expensive (what good quality stuff isn't), it is well worth it to me. Adam gives a 110% money back warranty on everything. If us northerners freeze up a container, he even exchanges out our mistake. As far as I know everything he sells is USA made too. I just ordered up some of his new sealant, so I can report on it shortly.

I'm going to need to try something different. The Meguires attracted dust HUGE on my car. Experimentation is the key. One of the guys I know that had a black C6 said he used Zaino Z5 and it was the least dust attracting the he had used. He said he always clay barred first.

You should only clay bar once or twice a year as needed, it's not a weekly or monthly maint. item. Attracting dust is your top layer, have you used detail spray, or an other final wipe since Ted's work? Even the wax used in a California Duster will leave behind residue that will attract dust.

Mike Phillips is the detail guy with AutoGeek.net and he talks about the fact that car paint is naturally a negative charge after it curesd. Add to that, a car's electrical system and just driving through air gives it static electricity. All these things combine to attract dust. I am not aware of any product that will eliminate static electricity totally. Some products may reduce it, but I've not seen anything more than anecdotal. You might see how it is after you wash it that first time now that the sealant and wax have cured. Also, clay barring, will remove any sealant or wax. You must reapply sealant or wax every time you clay bar.

Wills.WindowsAndWheels

The only thing i have seen taht is suppose to HELP cut down on static charge is Wolfgang Fuzion, which is $175 a tub. I just ordered some over the weekend while it was on sale and plan to test it out. What better place to test it than dusty AZ.

Wills.WindowsAndWheels

I'm going to need to try something different. The Meguires attracted dust HUGE on my car. Experimentation is the key. One of the guys I know that had a black C6 said he used Zaino Z5 and it was the least dust attracting the he had used. He said he always clay barred first.

Which type of meguiars did you apply on it? The other part that hasn't been mentioned is when you use microfibers to take the wax off..it also creates a static charge...