NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

C6 WIDER Body Conversion?

Corvette Kid

I picked up a set of C6 rear fenders from another member on ACE and am thinking of making a WIDER rear fender set up that will bolt on a standard C6......opinions on if there would be any interest on a set up like this? We are currently in the process of making lots of Corvette fiberglass. We already have molds to build a complete wide body C2 coupe, TONs of options for building wide body C3s, complete C4 wide body kits including a full high rise hood, and C6 ZR1 front spoilers and side skirts. Right now we have nothing for C5s as I dont want to step on Magyver Vettes toes, and he builds a beautiful front bumper already. We are in the process of building full L88 style replicas, from the frames, cages and full custom suspension including our own tubular A Frames and complete custom rear suspensions. I have tons of pics of the build up we are currently doing and will post pics of the whole build soon. But for now Id like to have opinions on a real wide body C6 kit.

There is definitely a market for it. The rear Z06 oem parts are pretty inexpensive. It's doing the front that costs a lot. Then there are kits like Supervettes that are insane expensive. I would personally be interested in a rear kit if it fit well, looked a little different than factory, and either cost the same or a little less than oem. http://www.supervettes.com/

Yes, SuperVettes is definitely what motivated this project. They have some of the nicest looking bodies I have ever seen. That being said, the quality that we can do is second to none. My business partner has built Corvette bodies for over 30 years, he is the one that 1st designed the stretched out C2 fenders that were then knocked off by the others. My only problem with starting on building a FULL C6 body kit at this time is the C7s will be out soon and like all the other body styles the C6 after market business will be dead in 2 or 3 years. But if there are simple projects such as a real wide body rear and possibly front we could get them out to market and have time to sell them.

I'll be honest, i think you'll get a hundred "yeah cool i'd love one" for every one you sell. Are you installing and painting too?

Here are pics of a 1 piece full rear clip with L88 flares that we make, fresh out of the mold. :rockon2:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Damn son.. you got talent... The C5 crowd has 2 major vendors that does wide body fenders. TPE out of Las Vegas and Lewis 5. TPE stuff is good, L5 stuff is junk. There is another vendor on the big forum that does rear ends and hoods. I had an idea for a C5 rear, if you built it they would come...LOL Its a copy of the specterwerks GTR rear, but add a diffuser to it. Let me know if you every build something like it.

That C3 rear looks bad azz, don't let Bucaneer see it cause a crossfire doesnt need tires that big :lol I'd be interested in a C6 widebody.

Can you guys install these fender flares?

http://www.c5racer.c...s-05-11-c6.html

Are you planning on ordering them? We can absolutely do the paint and install. Just let me know when you are ready and leave the rest to us!

:yourock:

Ready! Lol. Seriously though, can you send me a quote on doing them? The only thing I don't like is that there aren't any fender guards. So I'm wondering if it would chip up the panel?

The only thing I don't like is that there aren't any fender guards. So I'm wondering if it would chip up the panel?

Thats easily solved with side clear bra material, or this readytogo version... http://store.cleartastic.com/coso20.html ; imho looks better than splash guards(probably costs less too). :thumbs

Those look ghetto. Like you couldnt afford to stretch your fenders the right way...

To each his own though.

agreed

+1

And, they're not that cheap either. $600 for lick-and-stick quarter panel extensions that require you to sawz-all your factory quarter panels? **Shudder** You still have to paint them, you still have to buy new wheels and tires... And you don't get to re-coup any cash for your old quarter panels sold online.

Have fun with that.

I agree that the stickem on flares don't look good. Plus, is it just me, or do they look like these Posted Image

If so, you can find them @ mustangdepot.com

Dare to compare... Posted Image

Those Mustang flares are in the front and go over a hard body line. The Corvette ones are for the rear and don't cover a body line. Totally different. :banannarainbow: