NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Pebbles!

MasterDave

My '07 Z picks up dirt/debris in the small body gap just in front of the rear tires. Rocker area. Once I get the crap out of there, do you guys know how I can possibly stop the entry? Thanks.

Common problem with the C-6. Remove rear wheels. Loosen the 1/4 panel by removing lower screws in the door area and in the wheel well. Rinse off to get all the debris out and let dry. You will need some backer rod and a tude of poly urathane caulk & adhesive cleaner. There is a large area where you will need the backer rod mack sure you don't have any protruding past the 1/4 panel lip. Run a bead of caulk from the front to at least 3/4 of the way back. Let dry over night.

Common problem with the C-6.

Remove rear wheels.

Loosen the 1/4 panel by removing lower screws in the door area and in the wheel well.

Rinse off to get all the debris out and let dry.

You will need some backer rod and a tude of poly urathane caulk & adhesive cleaner.

There is a large area where you will need the backer rod mack sure you don't have any protruding past the 1/4 panel lip.

Run a bead of caulk from the front to at least 3/4 of the way back.

Let dry over night.

You may wish to re-install your rear wheels before driving...

:leaving

Common problem with the C-6.

Remove rear wheels.

Loosen the 1/4 panel by removing lower screws in the door area and in the wheel well.

Rinse off to get all the debris out and let dry.

You will need some backer rod and a tude of poly urathane caulk & adhesive cleaner.

There is a large area where you will need the backer rod mack sure you don't have any protruding past the 1/4 panel lip.

Run a bead of caulk from the front to at least 3/4 of the way back.

Let dry over night.

You may wish to re-install your rear wheels before driving...

That would be about #75 on the 101 list. :smilelol

... and a tude of poly urathane = tube of...

... mack sure = make sure...

what the heck Charley, taking spelling lessons from Chad ????

Should you tighten up the 1/4 panel before driving too?

... and a tude of poly urathane = tube of...

... mack sure = make sure...

what the heck Charley, taking spelling lessons from Chad ????

Should you tighten up the 1/4 panel before driving too?

Yes, we have a "cadre" of bad spellers here :leaving

Sorry about the hi jack of your thread, some members don't know how to act in a public cadre.

Sorry about the hi jack of your thread, some members don't know how to act in a public cadre.

True dat! :smilelol

Back on topic, Charlie is the man on that fix, I've seen him do it; it's not too bad labor-wise. My C5 has the same issue, look at my signature picture (ignore the finger); its the seam directly down from the fuel filler door between the rocker and the quarterpanel

Just finished the job. Not too bad really. That's a pretty big gap though. I used half inch square closed cell foam and black RTV silicone to fill the excess gap. :cheers

Just finished the job. Not too bad really. That's a pretty big gap though. I used half inch square closed cell foam and black RTV silicone to fill the excess gap. :cheers

Nice!

Did you re-install your wheels? :jester

Nice!

I did install the wheels. Do you have to put the lug nuts back on? I didn't see step #76 anywhere.... :smilelol

Nice!

I did install the wheels. Do you have to put the lug nuts back on? I didn't see step #76 anywhere.... :smilelol

Meh, they're over-rated.... :twitch:

Guest badbobs95

Just don't drive the car!!! Problem solved. :smilelol:smilelol:smilelol:smilelol Besides, what's wrong with big gaps? Teeheehee!