NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Welcome to AZ FASTEST

1EvilC5

Welcome Rudy :howdy

Year of Corvette 2006

Color Velocity Yellow

Tell us more about your 06 Z06. Post more pics when you get a chance.

Phil... :devil

Guest UVETTYA

Welcome :howdy from Surprise!

Hey Tim, another yeller one! Ya hoo, huh? :lol We may reach a point where we have enough of the "other" colors that we can actually stagger them... black, yellow, black, red, black, blue, black, pewter, black, etc..

<snicker>

Steve

Thanks for the welcome! :howdy

I've owned 5 corvettes so far (86 red conv., 89 black coupe, 02 silver Z06, 05 vel yel z51 conv.) and the new Z06 brings true meaning to life. I got it at Van on April 1st - my wife thought I was kidding her! How I happened to buy it is a story in itself!

Days after I got it, an acquaintance called to see if he could have the car photographed for a Corvette calendar he produces - photo below!

My personalized Arizona plate is: FASTEST So if you see it, you are tailgating! :P Also I guess this answers the question posted elsewhere about who has the fastest Vette in Arizona! :bs

Anyway, after I had gently broken it in, I entered the American leg of the Gumball 3000 rally from Salt Lake to Vegas to Beverly Hills. It made my top 10 list for most fun in a lifetime!!!! Violating speed laws in a prudent manner is fun, but doing it with 120 other exotic cars is a trip!!!!!

My avatar is a picture of the car in Vegas at the Hard Rock all stickered up. I'll probably keep the stickers on it until the ALMS races in Salt Lake and Portland. I want some racing pals to see it done up at the Corvette Corrals before I peel them off. And my wife actually likes the 'race car look'!!

While in the Gumball we had a chance to run laps at the Miller Motorsports Park and I will tell you it is an incredible venue. We are heading up to the American Le Mans Series race on Wednesday July 13th for practice, qualifying and the race on the 15th. It's a great chance to meet Oliver Gavin and Olivier Beretta, 2/3 of the Corvette Racing team that won Le Mans last week.

I could go on and on because I'm a road racing freak, but I'll stop for now!

Just another word on the Z06 - Worth every penny over sticker you have to pay to get one. To those carping about the cost - consider 84 month financing!!!!

post-5-1150912270.jpg

Very cool info sharing.

Very nice pic also. Was that the one used in the calendar?

:howdy and welcome from Peoria!

I'm a road racing nut too, and I envy you and your upcoming trip! :cool Take major pix!

Oh, BTW thats one FAST lookin' ride... ;)

Guest XLR8TNC5

Welcome to ACE. Gorgeous car. I signed up on the board for that BGumball Rally trip, but I found out too late to get involved with it. Looks like a blast though. Maybe next year.

Glad to see someone who can tell us about it made it. I have been contemplating getting into the Road Racing Sport myself. I think I enjoy it more than drag racing. lol. Didn't know that though until about two months ago. lol.

Take care and I agree, very COOL car!

Wow great photo, of course the car is great looking also. :P

Oh yes and welcome to ACE

Great intro... Hope to meet you at one of the events... Maybe you can stop by on Sunday...

Yellow rocks!!!!

Andrew

:burnout | :burnout

__________ Finish Line!!!

• 1 month later...