NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Clear Bra

Extender32

Yesterday at the luncheon, I was asked if I intended on getting a clear bra. The answer is a decidedly Yes! I attempted to contact 2 vendors yesterday but I haven't gotten any responses as of yet. For those of you that do have the clear Bra, who do you recommend and what did you spend? Since I live in the west valley, I'd like to find a reputable shop and not have to drive all over creation to get quality work done but I will if I have to.

I had mine done after the repaint, think I paid in the $400-500 range but I'd have to pull the receipts to verify.

Couple of threads the Search function turned up:

Clear bra installed

Clear bra recommendations

I think ACE member "CorvetteKid" can also get the job done, you might try shooting him a message.

:ACE:

I had mine done after the repaint, think I paid in the $400-500 range but I'd have to pull the receipts to verify.

Clear bra installed

I think ACE member "CorvetteKid" can also get the job done, you might try shooting him a message.

I paid about $500 for just the materials. Wishbone and I installed it together and it turned out fine. It has been over a year and it still holding up. I would put nothing less then a full length cover on. Not that partial crappy looking 1/4 of the hood style. the line looks like $hit. Yes the full material costs more but you can't see a seam line that stops 1/4 of the way up the hood. I believe the product was a 3M 6 or 7 mil thickness. I have heard people paying up to $2,200 for a clear bra like this installed up in california. Maybe cheaper here in AZ.

I think my buddy paid $1200 for the whole front of his Cayman including the hood, mirrors, and leading edge of his roof.

Shane is the man on the Corvette clear bras. I send him customers all the time and have never had anything but compliments on his work. He has a shop on 91st Ave just north of Bell Rd. Called Shanes window tint, he does most of the dealers clear bras and tint as well. Tell him Sean sent you. His number is 623.512.8035

Shane is the man on the Corvette clear bras. I send him customers all the time and have never had anything but compliments on his work. He has a shop on 91st Ave just north of Bell Rd. Called Shanes window tint, he does most of the dealers clear bras and tint as well. Tell him Sean sent you. His number is 623.512.8035

Yeah, I found Shanes website yesteday and called him over lunch. He recommended a partial on the engine hood as the material is better than if he does the entire hood. He said that he could do the entire hood but the car would wind up looking like it was painted 2 different colors, front/back. So he's gonna do it Thurs afternoon, fascia, hood, mirrors and windshield.

Clear bra installed

I paid about $500 for just the materials. Wishbone and I installed it together and it turned out fine. It has been over a year and it still holding up. I would put nothing less then a full length cover on. Not that partial crappy looking 1/4 of the hood style. the line looks like $hit. Yes the full material costs more but you can't see a seam line that stops 1/4 of the way up the hood. I believe the product was a 3M 6 or 7 mil thickness. I have heard people paying up to $2,200 for a clear bra like this installed up in california. Maybe cheaper here in AZ.

I appreciate the advice but I called Shane and he said to do what I iniotially wanted, full hood etc... would cost about $1500 Nand would not look as good because the car would like like it had 2 paint jobs and the material is not as good and would yellow in a year or so. Partial it is....

Yeah, I found Shanes website yesteday and called him over lunch. He recommended a partial on the engine hood as the material is better than if he does the entire hood. He said that he could do the entire hood but the car would wind up looking like it was painted 2 different colors, front/back. So he's gonna do it Thurs afternoon, fascia, hood, mirrors and windshield.

Greg, can't stress this enough.....get the quarter panels around the rear brake duct area done.

Other than the nose, it is the next most vulnerable place for paint chips on a wide body Corvette.

If money isn't tight, covering the headlights and fog lights is a good idea as well as they pit just as bad as paint, and one headlight is almost $1K to replace.

I will warn you about doing your headlights...I have seen several cars that have had the wrap installed on the headlights and the plastic checked (small cracks) and GM told them NO they wouldn't cover the headlights under the warranty...they fought back and forth and the one customer ended up paying half of the retail. BUT...that being said I have seen lots of them done with no issues. Just something to think about. May want to get Shanes advice on that as well.

Gorgeous car by the way..I love the centennial editions!

If you are ever in the market to do the ZR1 style front spoilers or side skirts or custom interior pieces I stock a ton of it all the time.

Posted Image

Greg, can't stress this enough.....get the quarter panels around the rear brake duct area done.

Other than the nose, it is the next most vulnerable place for paint chips on a wide body Corvette.

If money isn't tight, covering the headlights and fog lights is a good idea as well as they pit just as bad as paint, and one headlight is almost $1K to replace.

I'll Heed Corvette Kids warning and check with Shane first before I go any further. I don't think that my car will any track time and probably will be more of a weekend cruiser until my son graduates college and then she'll see more daily use. I'll get Shane's opinion about the area behind the brake ducts too but what I'm afaraid of, the car will look like it has 2 independent paint jobs and will look more like crap. That's what Shane siad earlier today when I asked about doing the entore front fenders. I do approeciate your input and I'll let you all know what I decide on thurs.

I will warn you about doing your headlights...I have seen several cars that have had the wrap installed on the headlights and the plastic checked (small cracks) and GM told them NO they wouldn't cover the headlights under the warranty...they fought back and forth and the one customer ended up paying half of the retail. BUT...that being said I have seen lots of them done with no issues. Just something to think about. May want to get Shanes advice on that as well.

Gorgeous car by the way..I love the centennial editions!

If you are ever in the market to do the ZR1 style front spoilers or side skirts or custom interior pieces I stock a ton of it all the time.

Posted Image

Is it you who told me to see Shane on Sat? Since I only know a few by name, I'm confused who said what other than Victor.

Clear bra installed

I appreciate the advice but I called Shane and he said to do what I iniotially wanted, full hood etc... would cost about $1500 Nand would not look as good because the car would like like it had 2 paint jobs and the material is not as good and would yellow in a year or so. Partial it is....

FALSE......I HAVE HAD MINE OVER 1 1/2 YEARS. The seam is so prevalent that it is a major draw back in the looks department. The full hood doesn't look any different than stock unless you look very close at the edges and see the clear bra. Hey I completely understand wanting to save a bit of money but not at the sacrifice of the overall looks of the car. full coverage is !00% better. Why not protect all of your hood from stone chips. I consider the clear bra a good purchase especially if you race and the race rubber throws a lot of rocks. Just trying to save you the hassle of being disappointed with the look of the 1/4 hood and fender coverage YOUR WELCOME TO COME LOOK AT MY CAR AND SEE THERE IS NO YELLOWING AND THE PAINT COLOR IS NOT AFFECTED. I $HIT YOU NOT!

TAKE YOUR TIME AND CHECK OUT WHAT A 1/4 BRA LOOKS LIKE AND WHAT A FULL BRA LOOKS LIKE AND THEN MAKE YOUR DECISION. YOU HAVE NOTHING BUT TIME TO MAKE THE BEST CHOICE FOR YOU AND YOUR CAR. REGRET IS PREVENTABLE WITH EDUCATION. SO GET A GOOD EDUCATION ........ITS FREE!

Clear bra installed

FALSE......I HAVE HAD MINE OVER 1 1/2 YEARS. The seam is so prevalent that it is a major draw back in the looks department. The full hood doesn't look any different than stock unless you look very close at the edges and see the clear bra. Hey I completely understand wanting to save a bit of money but not at the sacrifice of the overall looks of the car. full coverage is !00% better. Why not protect all of your hood from stone chips. I consider the clear bra a good purchase especially if you race and the race rubber throws a lot of rocks. Just trying to save you the hassle of being disappointed with the look of the 1/4 hood and fender coverage YOUR WELCOME TO COME LOOK AT MY CAR AND SEE THERE IS NO YELLOWING AND THE PAINT COLOR IS NOT AFFECTED. I $HIT YOU NOT!

Thanks forf the advice, I'll see if Shane has a car where he has done a 1/4 and a full clear bra and make my descision then.

What is Shane charging you? What are you getting done for that price? Here's who my buddy with the Cayman used: www.arizonacars.biz

I would get the full hood treatment as well ...the only thing I would be concerned about is the viynl striping on the hood.

I have the 1/4 done, and I still get rock chips on the other 3/4. I cant do the entire hood because of the turbos. :(

What is Shane charging you? What are you getting done for that price?

Here's who my buddy with the Cayman used: www.arizonacars.biz

To do the 1/4 hood, fascia, mirrors and full windshield is $760 but if you are a military retiree, active duty, guard reserve, cop or firefighter then he gives a 10% discount and pays the sales tax.

I have the 1/4 done, and I still get rock chips on the other 3/4.

I cant do the entire hood because of the turbos. :(

How does it look with the 1/4 hood? Can you see the seam?

I have the 1/4 done, and I still get rock chips on the other 3/4.

I cant do the entire hood because of the turbos. :(

How does it look with the 1/4 hood? Can you see the seam?

You cant really see it... but you need to remove the wax around the seam or it becomes obvious.

At the next meet up, Check it out.

I wonder if disabled Veteran counts?

IDK, Call him and ask or maybe take him your DD-214 as proof of service.