NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

New lightweight wheels

Jon

Nitto NT05 275/35-19 and 245/40-18. Since these wheels are a little wider I can safely fit 265/35-18 and 305/30-19 on when I wear out the current tires. Shouldn't take that long on a road course, lol.

I tried lowering it. I guess I didn't loosen the bolts far enough. I did two turns in back and one turn in front.

You won't really notice much difference in height until you turn the bolts all the way.

Do you tighten or loosen the bolts? I would think loosen, but one guy on Corvette forum told me to turn them clockwise.

Put some TSW Interlagos wheels. 19x10.5 in back and 18x9 in front wheels.

Posted Image

Jon, do you hav eany other photos, maybe from the side? I hav ebeen eye-balling these exact wheels since their release, but the "one size fits all" sizing for C5 (and yours for a C6) is limited. It is narrowed down between the TSW Interlaggos and the FIKSE Profil 13s. I will post an image I Photoshopped to show how I like the TSWs a little better, if the spokes didn't come to the very edge of the wheel. If you could, can you post a few more pics?

Thanks in advance.

How I wish they were made (Notice spokes do NOT come to edge, they fall short on the inside)

Posted Image

Do you tighten or loosen the bolts? I would think loosen, but one guy on Corvette forum told me to turn them clockwise.

In the front, you screw the adjuster into the spring, allowing the spring to get closer to the lower control arm.

In the rear you "loosen" the bolt, making it longer. I know on the C5 there is a retention clip on the bolt to make sure that the nut doesn't fall off. I typically back the nut off until it's close to that clip, and adjust the fronts as far as tehy will go. Ususally good for about 3/4 inch. Enough to see a difference, but not so much as to hinder driving.

Wheels look good Jon, especially in person. When is your Pfadt stuff getting put on? I'm sure LPM could lower it while they're in there too.

I agree. If you are getting new wheels, tires.and suspension, you can have it lowered and aligned at the same time by LPM.

I'm going to LPM tomorrow morning. I'll crank the bolts all the way out and see how it sets.

• 4 weeks later...