I'm ready to declare Spinato's as the best pizza in AZ

FNBADAZ06

OK....I've eaten pizza at several locations that various publications and friends have recommended, and it's official for me. Spinato's Pizza has the best f'n pizza in AZ !!!!! :partydance: If you haven't had an opportunity to try a pie from them (the Mighty Meaty for me !!!) , find a location near you and tell me what you think. 16th Street and Bell is the closest location to me....my G0d, the pizza is to die for :rockon2:

Sounds tasty!!! maybe you could start an impromtu lunch or happy hour event... Thats fairly close to us too.

Sounds tasty!!! maybe you could start an impromtu lunch or happy hour event...

Thats fairly close to us too.

I thought about it, but forgot to ask this location what the maximum seating capacity was, as I was in a comatose state after making love to my pizza :facepalm:

I'll give them a call and see what they say, but I'm betting no more than 100.

Meh.....it's ok. I just don't dig the sweeter sauce they use. Their toppings are are awesome though

Meh.....it's ok. I just don't dig the sweeter sauce they use. Their toppings are are awesome though

That's the only dig some have with this place, as the sauce is definetly the sweetest I've had in recent memory and not to everyone's liking. :yesnod

I LOVE Spinato's :wub I have eaten at both the 16th and Bell and the 13th street and Glendale locations. I agree with Victor, their pizza is awesome! :thumbs

Ditto

Spinatos is also my favorite pizza, Grimaldi's is a close second though. And I love that there's a Spinato's less than two miles away from me (McClintock and Rio Salado)! I think we're going there tonight actually :partydance: PS: the sweeter sauce is what makes it amazing. Most places I get "white" style pizza because I don't like red sauce, but I LOVE Spinatos!

I was introducedto Spinato's when i worked in Tempe but have been to all locations except ahwatukee. I agree its the best!

Oh, I need to add this.... went there last night (Tempe) and we had the breadsticks.... YOU NEED TO TRY THEM. They are probably the best bread sticks I've ever had.... and they give you a side of that oh so delectable sauce for them. Yumm.

Oh, I need to add this.... went there last night (Tempe) and we had the breadsticks.... YOU NEED TO TRY THEM. They are probably the best bread sticks I've ever had.... and they give you a side of that oh so delectable sauce for them. Yumm.

Next time try the spaghetti w/meatball calzone appetizer :thumbs

One of these weekends we need to do a "pizza" taste test cruise to see if Spinato's is better than Cassanova Brothers. :pensativo:

Maybe we can have an impromtu lunch there like Andrew suggested....I just didn't want to throw it out for a scheduled monthly ACE lunch for December if I didn't think I could make it....with my family and holiday obligations :banghead If you guys want to hit the one up on 16th street and Bell Road this Saturday at 1:00 p.m. (over whatever day), I'm down for that. Any and everybody can show up....I just don't know what their seating capacity is at this location. I'll give them a call to find out.

Ive eaten there a couple times and its good. Anyone ever try the "take and bake" pizza from Papa Murphys? It takes a lot to impress me with food, even though I eat anything, and I was pretty much blown away by it.

http://papamurphys.com/OurMenu/Overview

I haven't done a Papa Murphy's take n bake in years, but last time I did it was delicious. A quick search reveals that there isn't a Papa Murphy's within even 5 miles of me :(. I remember their garlic bread was great, so maybe one of these days if I'm staying in Chandler for whatever reason I'll grab one.

Jon, next time you're over here we'll go to Spinato's, I promise!! haha. Stupid egg burger is so goood though.......hah.

Ok, I thought I saw one of these Papa Murphy's here in town. I went over and ordered the stuffed pizza and baked it per instructions. The pizza looked great, but was just ok, not the best I've ever had.

We had an impromtu ACE lunch at Spinato's last night, as I ran into Eddie and Kim at the 16th Street and Bell location :partydance: Unfortunetly, they're seating capacity is rather limited......70 max for indoor dining, another 20 or so for the outdoor patio area. I'm not even sure their kitchen staff could pump out food fast enough for a large group , so it's possible some people would have food still being served as other are just finishing up eating their meals. The staff seemed to think their Scottsdale location might have a larger seating capacity, but I've never been to that location....maybe worth scoping out ? Anyways, I'm open to ideas if anyone has suggestions....but you've got to give this place a try regardless of it being an ACE function :thumbs

We had an impromtu ACE lunch at Spinato's last night, as I ran into Eddie and Kim at the 16th Street and Bell location :partydance:

Unfortunetly, they're seating capacity is rather limited......70 max for indoor dining, another 20 or so for the outdoor patio area. I'm not even sure their kitchen staff could pump out food fast enough for a large group , so it's possible some people would have food still being served as other are just finishing up eating their meals.

The staff seemed to think their Scottsdale location might have a larger seating capacity, but I've never been to that location....maybe worth scoping out ?

Anyways, I'm open to ideas if anyone has suggestions....but you've got to give this place a try regardless of it being an ACE function :thumbs

I've never been to Scottsdale location, but the Ahwatukee location is significantly larger than the Tempe location and by the sounds of it the Bell Rd. location as well. It's probably kind of far from you guys though, I believe it's Chandler Rd and 52nd street.

One of these weekends we need to do a "pizza" taste test cruise to see if Spinato's is better than Cassanova Brothers. :pensativo:

we're in

+2

I usually eat Venezias. It's only a half mile away and lunch special is only about $6. 2 slices and a drink. Have never had this, what you call Spinato's before. The wife doesn't like really sweet sauce but might have to try it myself.