NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Happy Fathers Day and update on my '69

chevy69

Had a nice day wrenching in the garage with my portable swamp cooler - fathers day gift (I got it a couple weeks earlier but definately put it to use today). I thought I would post an update on my frame-off on my '69 coupe. Got all my stainless brake and fuel lines run 2 weeks ago, and mounted my new composite TRW spring and my freshly rebuilt half shafts (rebuilt them a few weeks ago) today. Rear suspension is almost done, still need to bolt on new super strut kit and new koni classic shocks. Then on to the steeroids kit in the front end. Upper and lowers are in (blasted/powder-coated), along with spindles. The steeroids kit has been laying around in the box for 2 months, but they had a special sale so I grabbed it while the price was good. My Keisler 5 spd will ship July 7th. The body and frame may see each other again in a couple of months!!! Any paint recommendations (who) ? I'm hoping to be on the road by Christmas :thumbs

Sounds like it's going to be a fun ride when you get it done...

For paint, I had really good luck and service from Brown & Brown a couple of years ago when they repainted my 82. but there's some new recommendations around now. Wait and see what some of the other posters say about it... :thumbs

Let me know if you run into any issues with the Steeroids. I have the kit on my 1980 and went through some tweaking to get all the binding out of the u-joints on the steering column.