NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Weatherstripping on new 2011

Jon

Looks like poo. Midway applied some paint sealant called Zaktek that gets sprayed over the whole car. I noticed the weatherstripping looking weird. Will they have to replace it all? I'm a little irked as the car is a week old.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yep...mine looks like that as well. I think Ryan, screen name NorsePagan, had this issue as well and had the weatherstrip replaced under warranty, as he bought his car thru a dealership with a GM Certified warranty.

What are the good dealers to go to? I know Mario works at Freeway and they are mod friendly.

What are the good dealers to go to? I know Mario works at Freeway and they are mod friendly.

Personally, when I've taken my car into a dealership, Van's in Scottsdale is where mine went.

Several ACE members have had good experiences at other dealerships as well, so it all depends on what side of the Valley you're on. It sounds like Mario has handled a few warranty events for people on AZDG, but I have no personal experience with him or the dealership he works for.

Being that mine is on a GMPP warranty, I can take mine to LPM and have the work done.

Also, fair warning.....

If you have a significant or catastrophic engine/driveline failure, GM sends out a tech rep and request a snap shot of the ECU, and has the final say on warranty claims...not the dealership. It's good to be educated on the process, and risk, before you begin any drivetrain mods so you don't get any unpleasent suprises :thumbs

It's a GM recognized problem. Probably nothing to do with the paint sealant. I had mine done a couple month after I bought it. Ed at Coulter took care of it since I bought it there.

markallamerican

Vans put Zaktek on mine also, Did the same thing. I just lived with it until it was all gone, still have it in a few places but its almost over. Pig spit works awesome in keeping them like new. Nice car!

I'm sitting at the dealer getting my first oil change at 500 miles. They thought I was crazy for wanting it that early. The first oil change is free also. I'm having them look at the weatherstrip and molding. Hopefully they fix it.

For the record, an issue with the weatherstripping cannot be voided by modding the engine. I've also heard good things about Chapman... but as far away as you live you're traveling an hour regardless lol.

Mario said I could mod the car and be fine under warranty for most everything. Except if I have an engine claim. Then, like Victor already said, they look at the tune with a magnifying glass. Not worth the risk to me since I will be putting this car on a road course. On the remote chance I do have an oil issue and frag the motor, I want it covered. Intake and exhaust is all I'm doing. When my warranty is up you best watch the heck out though, lol.

Common concern on Vettes and XLR's, Dealers will replace while vehicle is still under factory bumper to bumper. Note: This is not a problem with STS's

Common concern on Vettes and XLR's, Dealers will replace while vehicle is still under factory bumper to bumper.

Note: This is not a problem with STS's

:jd

Common concern on Vettes and XLR's, Dealers will replace while vehicle is still under factory bumper to bumper.

HOLY SHIT !!!!! IT's ED !!!!!!

Glad to see you're still breathing :thumbs

My CTS-V Wagon come in yet ???? :smilelol

HOOOLLEEEE SHEEEETTTTT!!!