NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

_Arizona Motorsports Park test day_

alludc

Took the FRC out today for a decibel check. For those of you who dont know, Arizona Motorsports Park in Litchfield AZ (think Lukes air force base) opened approx 10yrs ago and was promptly shut down due to a petition against the sound. For 10 yrs the owners have battled and have finally come to an agreement. Part of that agreement is anything over 94.0db is a sound ordinance violation. (new Z06 with flaps open is 99+). Anyway, in the pits they came by with their meter to my Stock 99 FRC. All thats been done is a 01 Ti Z06 exhaust. 3 successive revs to 6k and they said id likely fail as I hit a 97 just revving. Took 3 laps to get reacclimated to the track and to give them their sound check. Topped out at 90.1db. That being said, if I do headers long or short, or pull the cats....I wont be racing there. And thats a damn shame. If my stock car is that close to the limit, thats really going to put tons of enthusiasts out of the running. The loudest test of the day was a built Ducati 1098 with full exhaust running 99db. From the pit to the straight where he was wise open we could barely hear him. But the community 1/2 mile away say the noise is a problem. What a joke. on a side note, new ZR1 was there looking all pretty, but he didnt run.

I agree it's a bunch of idiots who purchased homes next to the air force base that are crying

AS I LIVE IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD I TAKE THAT STATEMENT PERSONALY! :partydance: NOT EVERYONE FEELS THAT WAY. SOME PEOPLE ARE SO UNREASONABLE THEY WANT THE JETS TO STOP FLYING SO IT WILL GIVE THEM QUITE. WELL THE BASE WAS HERE FIRST AND THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN. AS FOR THE TRACK I FEEL BAD FOR THE OWNER WHO FALLOWED ALL THE RULES AND BUILT HIS RACE TRACK ONLY TO HAVE A BUNCH OF RETIRED FOLKS WITH NOTHING BETTER TO DO BUT COMPLAIN. THEY KNEW SOMEONE WITH A LOT OF POWER AND SHUT DOWN THE TRACK FOR NEARLY 10 YEARS. WHILE THE OWNER HAD TO REWORK THINGS OUT TO PLEASE THE FEW WHO SPOKE UP TOO LATE! NUN THE LESS CONCERNED THAT I'M SURE THERE WERE MEETINGS PRIOR TO BUILDING OF THE TRACK OF WHICH I AM SURE NOBODY ATTENDED. TOO BAD. I FOR ONE AM THRILLED THAT THERE IS A TRACK SO CLOSE TO HOME. HOWEVER I TOO AGREE THAT AT THE SOUND CHECK THE SOUND WAS MINISCULE. HOWEVER WITH 15 OR SO CARS RUNNING I WOULD GUESS IT COULD GET LOUD.

IT JUST TAKE A FEW DETERMINED PEOPLE TO RUIN IT FOR EVERYONE......THATS LIFE THAT IS WHAT HAPPENED HERE.

THAT IS HOW I SEE IT. :howdy

A quiet racetrack? Now that's an interesting concept. :facepalm:

Only possible if you mandate the sale of all homes in 2 mile radius of race track to certifiable deaf people. :smilelol

I agree it's a bunch of idiots who purchased homes next to the air force base that are crying

AS I LIVE IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD I TAKE THAT STATEMENT PERSONALY! :partydance: NOT EVERYONE FEELS THAT WAY. SOME PEOPLE ARE SO UNREASONABLE THEY WANT THE JETS TO STOP FLYING SO IT WILL GIVE THEM QUITE. WELL THE BASE WAS HERE FIRST AND THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN. AS FOR THE TRACK I FEEL BAD FOR THE OWNER WHO FALLOWED ALL THE RULES AND BUILT HIS RACE TRACK ONLY TO HAVE A BUNCH OF RETIRED FOLKS WITH NOTHING BETTER TO DO BUT COMPLAIN. THEY KNEW SOMEONE WITH A LOT OF POWER AND SHUT DOWN THE TRACK FOR NEARLY 10 YEARS. WHILE THE OWNER HAD TO REWORK THINGS OUT TO PLEASE THE FEW WHO SPOKE UP TOO LATE! NUN THE LESS CONCERNED THAT I'M SURE THERE WERE MEETINGS PRIOR TO BUILDING OF THE TRACK OF WHICH I AM SURE NOBODY ATTENDED. TOO BAD. I FOR ONE AM THRILLED THAT THERE IS A TRACK SO CLOSE TO HOME. HOWEVER I TOO AGREE THAT AT THE SOUND CHECK THE SOUND WAS MINISCULE. HOWEVER WITH 15 OR SO CARS RUNNING I WOULD GUESS IT COULD GET LOUD.

IT JUST TAKE A FEW DETERMINED PEOPLE TO RUIN IT FOR EVERYONE......THATS LIFE THAT IS WHAT HAPPENED HERE.

THAT IS HOW I SEE IT. :howdy

Now I take that statement personally. Just because I bitoh doesn't mean that's all I do. I've developed many other ways to aggravate people. :smilelol

If the track management would organize a H-D cruise thru the surrounding neighborhood to coincide with the race time, no one would ever complain about the car noise. :edward:

Guest AZviperMike

Old people need to move to old fart city and let the rest of us live! They have had their day in the sun and it's time for them to move on!

I'm willing to bet all if not most of the original group of complainers have all moved or had their home forclosed upon.

Old people need to move to old fart city and let the rest of us live! They have had their day in the sun and it's time for them to move on!

Ever see the movie "Logan's Run"? :edward:

Ever see the movie "Logan's Run"? :edward:

Lol. Hoxxoh. My hand is red but not from a Damm crystal.

The funny thing about dB readings is they are very subjective.

Yes yes I know they use a hand held device, and display a number. My point is that dB can change drastily by air temp, distance, and moisture in the air.

You can barely hear that bike because it's 99dB is a higher freq and more directional (let's assume it's point up at a 45 degrees) vs the vette lower freq and pointing flat.

That dB limit on the track is a joke because it can slanted so easily.

This rule is just something to work around. I'll keep the stock exhaust for my car just to run that track. Just gives me an excuse to install a lift in my garage for easy changing. :)